JMich3

What is that on AR ‘s ?

8 hours ago, silverado427 said:

You don't need that till you reach operator status.

Believe me i wasn’t even thinking about looking them up on the internet! As Tacticool as they look i know i would look like an idiot with one strapped to my AR!

6 hours ago, JMich3 said:

I didn’t even read into what they do to be honest. I’m damn sure at this point i don’t need one

Guns have absolutely nothing to do with need!
(Just kidding of course)

Edited by NJGF
More explicitly joking
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

I’m going to disagree here. Some people need guns and those guns need to be capable of performing certain tasks.

I agree! It's pretty hard to catch a flying pheasant without a shotgun. Yes I know some Robin hoods can do it with a bow but not me. 

I didn’t even read into what they do to be honest. I’m damn sure at this point i don’t need one
It's a laser that you can use with no/low light and night vision. Are you hunting at night with nods? NV compatible rds or rail mounted IR laser is probably standard equipment. Are you LEO/MIL that have been issues night optics? Same applies.

Other than that if you got the money

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, PK90 said:

Anything like this?m4loaded-600x450.jpg

One of these days, I am going to best this picture. This has a sorely disappointing single scope, and while it does have 5 flashlights, I see no peq boxes, bipod, bayonet, grenade launcher, extra reflex sights, angled irons, or double mags. There is clearly room for more, and I am disappointed the original picture does not have more effort put into it, even with the poorly photoshopped additions. Of course, seeing how I don't own a majority of these things, it may be a while.

How does one zero a night vision scope, anyway? Laser boresight? Or just lots of flicking a lightswitch and using a spotting scope? At least with inexpensive models, I know exposure to bright light can damage them, so you can't just go on an overcast day or to an indoor range (I think?).

On 8/3/2018 at 9:37 PM, JMich3 said:

I googled an IR laser and that’s exactly it! Thanks Shooter28

You, me and almost everyone here does not NEED one.  But, WE all want one.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Malice4you said:

One of these days, I am going to best this picture. This has a sorely disappointing single scope, and while it does have 5 flashlights, I see no peq boxes, bipod, bayonet, grenade launcher, extra reflex sights, angled irons, or double mags. There is clearly room for more, and I am disappointed the original picture does not have more effort put into it, even with the poorly photoshopped additions. Of course, seeing how I don't own a majority of these things, it may be a while.

How does one zero a night vision scope, anyway? Laser boresight? Or just lots of flicking a lightswitch and using a spotting scope? At least with inexpensive models, I know exposure to bright light can damage them, so you can't just go on an overcast day or to an indoor range (I think?).

I asked @High Exposurethis a few years ago. There’s a vid. You need special targets for IR and nods.