capt14k

Prices of Black Rifles

No such thing..lol. And if you really dont want it you know how to reach me..lol

Lmao, yea, well, maybe, ehhh, nah![emoji23]

Let me know when you are ready for coffee and donuts when you return. [emoji6]
Long over due.[emoji477]️[emoji507]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder now that the 5.56 craze is dying will it put further pressure on resale prices? 6.5 Grendel is ballistically superior in a small platform and many have moved up to 6.5 Creedmoor or at least .308. As prices come down on 6.5 Creedmoor ammo so should the rifles. This could make many AR-15 Builds near worthless. I think the cheap price of admission is what made AR-15 builds popular, but if a better rifle is just as cheap with similar benefits how many would still choose 5.56? Especially with alternatives to the AR-10 platform such as intermediate frame .308 or .308 Revolution that bring true .30 rifles closer in size to an AR-15. Just curious.

Also curious why no one seems to buy a long action platform like BN36? Is it simply the higher start up cost? .30-06 ammo is more plentiful and cheaper than 7.62NATO or .308 or any others except 5.56 or 6.5 Grendel (steel)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, capt14k said:

It seem ARs that members dumped $1,200 into are selling for $400. Three Questions.

1. Why the low prices

2. Why buy anything but used

3. Do you regret building multiple ARs instead of buying Milsurps like the FN-49 which have doubled in price in the last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1.  Market is flooded

2.  Because sometimes home builds shouldn't be resold.

3.  No

• Like 2

I really wish I had an AK. I have a few AR's and a few more in parts and I don't regret any of it. I like the platform, they are all very different from each other, and I really enjoy planning the build and putting it together. I wouldn't want to sell any of them. I never heard of the BN36 and just looked it up and it seems super cool! I won't be able to afford one for a while, and there are lots of other guns I'd like to buy before that, but I could see myself buying one in the future.

I really wish I had an AK. I have a few AR's and a few more in parts and I don't regret any of it. I like the platform, they are all very different from each other, and I really enjoy planning the build and putting it together. I wouldn't want to sell any of them. I never heard of the BN36 and just looked it up and it seems super cool! I won't be able to afford one for a while, and there are lots of other guns I'd like to buy before that, but I could see myself buying one in the future.

AK is completely different. Accurate enough at close range and always works. No need for a forward assist. I would like a FAL. Seems to be the best of both worlds. More accurate, better round, but very reliable from what I am told.

I want a AK so I can shoot 7.62x39, I do have a AR that shoots 7.62 but I don't trust it.

Okay, who am I kidding. I want a AK because i like how it looks with the red wood. Looks have a lot to do with what I want. Like why I want a blued 6" S&W with wood handles, or a old AR with the triangle handguard, or a stainless Kimber, or... 

I want a AK so I can shoot 7.62x39, I do have a AR that shoots 7.62 but I don't trust it.
Okay, who am I kidding. I want a AK because i like how it looks with the red wood. Looks have a lot to do with what I want. Like why I want a blued 6" S&W with wood handles, or a old AR with the triangle handguard, or a stainless Kimber, or... 

I am selling my AK-74 built on a Saiga. Real AK-74 Russian wood and gas tube. Can't get any closer to the real thing in NJ.

2 hours ago, capt14k said:

I don't pay them much attention? High? Low?

Don't bother, they are junk.  If I was offered an SKS or an AK, I'd take the SKS all day. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, capt14k said:

I wonder now that the 5.56 craze is dying will it put further pressure on resale prices? 6.5 Grendel is ballistically superior in a small platform and many have moved up to 6.5 Creedmoor or at least .308. As prices come down on 6.5 Creedmoor ammo so should the rifles. This could make many AR-15 Builds near worthless. I think the cheap price of admission is what made AR-15 builds popular, but if a better rifle is just as cheap with similar benefits how many would still choose 5.56? Especially with alternatives to the AR-10 platform such as intermediate frame .308 or .308 Revolution that bring true .30 rifles closer in size to an AR-15. Just curious.

Also curious why no one seems to buy a long action platform like BN36? Is it simply the higher start up cost? .30-06 ammo is more plentiful and cheaper than 7.62NATO or .308 or any others except 5.56 or 6.5 Grendel (steel)

I don't think the "5.56" craze is dying out.  The 5.56 is a very good round for what it was designed for.  As far as a defensive round it has worked fine for over 50 years to my own personal knowledge.  There are 1000s of people like minded.  Those who think the 5.56 is worthless need to spend time looking at actual performance and less time looking at ballistics tables.

The 6.5. Is an improvement over the 5.56.  It should be it came out over 40 years later.  If it was going to take the world by storm it's already had 15 years.  Should have done so already.  Which army uses it?  Which major law enforcement agency has all its ARS chambered in it?  That tells you something.

You talk about "moving up" to 308.  Now that is choosing a different cartridge capable of different things not necessarily "moving up" AFAIC.

The 5.56 still is and will be the US military cartridge for some time.

BTW where are you finding all the 30-06 that is more plentiful and cheaper than 7.62 NATO.

• Like 1

Don't bother, they are junk.  If I was offered an SKS or an AK, I'd take the SKS all day. 

You never fired a good AK. I will put my AK-47 East German MPi-KM build up against any SKS. It's more accurate, lighter, and more reliable.

I don't think the "5.56" craze is dying out.  The 5.56 is a very good round for what it was designed for.  As far as a defensive round it has worked fine for over 50 years to my own personal knowledge.  There are 1000s of people like minded.  Those who think the 5.56 is worthless need to spend time looking at actual performance and less time looking at ballistics tables.
The 6.5. Is an improvement over the 5.56.  It should be it came out over 40 years later.  If it was going to take the world by storm it's already had 15 years.  Should have done so already.  Which army uses it?  Which major law enforcement agency has all its ARS chambered in it?  That tells you something.
You talk about "moving up" to 308.  Now that is choosing a different cartridge capable of different things not necessarily "moving up" AFAIC.
The 5.56 still is and will be the US military cartridge for some time.
BTW where are you finding all the 30-06 that is more plentiful and cheaper than 7.62 NATO.

Friend of mine who was in Falljujah said 5.56 was worthless against guys hopped on some sort of local speed and wrapped in leather. They requested M14 and said that did the job.

Serbia is switching to 6.5 Grendel. Our own Army and Marines are looking at 6.5 as well, because 5.56 is not effective.

https://www.military.com/kitup/2018/04/11/marines-working-army-556mm-rifle-round-replacement.html

.308 is moving up because of action size. .308 or 6.5 Creedmoor don't chamber in AR-15 platform do they?

.30-06 surplus is still plentiful. Juse bought (4).30 Cans of 192 rounds on en blocs in bandoliers of Ethiopian non Corrosive for $99 a can. A year ago I bought (4) cans of HXP from CMP for $115 a can shipped. In between I bought (6) cans from individuals for $90 each. I don't know of any 7.62NATO that is cheaper. Usually the cheapest I can find 7.62NATO surplus is.60/round. Whereas 30-06 is way under.50/round when you factor in the value of the en blocs and bandoliers.

I think its a few reasons.

1. Purchases Made during the Obama Regime that they really did not want or need.
2. Prices have stabilized.
3. Murphy Anxiety (same folks that buy when worried, Might sell when worried)
4. Summer months are Hot and Humid... Not so much fun to shoot outdoors.
5. Pressure from wife :)
6. No Room in Safe.

• Like 1

I think its a few reasons.
1. Purchases Made during the Obama Regime that they really did not want or need.
2. Prices have stabilized.
3. Murphy Anxiety (same folks that buy when worried, Might sell when worried)
4. Summer months are Hot and Humid... Not so much fun to shoot outdoors.
5. Pressure from wife [emoji4]
6. No Room in Safe.

Lots of bad purchases during Obama Regime I am sure they regret. I bet having a dozen AR-15 doesn't seem like the best idea right about now.

Prices have plummeted for AR-15

On another note... Pricing of black rifles has only changed for the lower end stuff.

The higher end stuff is still holding. Supply and demand along with some stores / Distributors over ordering during panic times.

2 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Lots of bad purchases during Obama Regime I am sure they regret. I bet having a dozen AR-15 doesn't seem like the best idea right about now.

Prices have plummeted for AR-15

Plummeted only for Cheap Rifles... the Mid to Higher end is still holding and selling.

On another note... Pricing of black rifles has only changed for the lower end stuff.

The higher end stuff is still holding. Supply and demand along with some stores / Distributors over ordering during panic times.

Plummeted only for Cheap Rifles... the Mid to Higher end is still holding and selling.

Mid end resale is shit too. $1,200 is mid end and it is selling for $400.

Low end PSA crap I saw for $250.

Also remember gun sales were strong for a solid 8 years..... No big summer slow down.... (Thanks Obama) but with our new President DJT people are feelling a bit more at ease and the summer slowdown hit Bigly.

I just started restocking some Ar's (Mid to Higher) and ill sip my Covfefe until September when the market returns.

1 minute ago, capt14k said:

New or Used Guns?

Low end PSA crap I saw for $250.

PSA and Carp made sense.. They are the Crazy Eddie of the Gun world.    Even when prices were high they were dumping cheap stuff on the market.. Thats of course assuming those assholes would even ship to NJ. Fuck PSA.

Just Curious how the Mil Surplus market is?

I understand its also hit the Shitters... I guess no new Video Games have been released. :)

Also remember gun sales were strong for a solid 8 years..... No big summer slow down.... (Thanks Obama) but with our new President DJT people are feelling a bit more at ease and the summer slowdown hit Bigly.
I just started restocking some Ar's (Mid to Higher) and ill sip my Covfefe until September when the market returns.
New or Used Guns?

Used.

Market is dead. Especially with the mag ban going to be ruled Unconstitutional.

Just now, capt14k said:

Used.

I will say this.. I'v sold more Higher Priced AR's in the last 10 days  then in the entire Prior  (June / July ) months.

5 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Used.

Not sure what Market dead and mag ban going to be ruled Unconstitutional have to do with each other.

What's higher priced?

1200+ would be higher priced... IE Sigs compared to the 600 - 800 Markets of SW , DPMS, Ruger entry level stuff.

1200+ would be higher priced... IE Sigs compared to the 800 market.
Because people won't be scrambling to change mags which will lead to less traffic and interest.

$1,200 would be mid range no? Higher end would be $2k+ like LMT no?