Sign in to follow this  
Mrs. Peel

Protestors at NRA HQ

This is a public forum - keep it polite, pls! If you want to vent, open a diff thread in 1A Lounge.

Were you aware there was a planned protest at the NRA HQ in Virginia yesterday? It was, in part, organized by the social justice network that supports (or is it: takes advantage of?) the "Parkland kids".

I just caught an article on it - here's the link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/protesters-including-parkland-students-rally-at-nra-offices-in-virginia/ar-BBLuzcw?ocid=spartandhp]

A few observations:

• the speaker on that video clip is quoting that guns are the 2nd leading cause of death for young Latinos, and also pulling in a statement about Black Lives Matter - so, in other words, trying to conflate all the MANY deaths caused by gangbangers, etc. using ILLEGAL guns... while protesting in front of the organization that represents law-abiding LEGAL gun owners. I'm so sick of that technique - conflating things to make them look the same - it's the same as calling suicide by gun "gun violence" and lumping those numbers in with the gun crimes. Totally disingenuous.
  • I'm also struck by how much the protest mirrors the other social justice movements - the calling out of special "identity groups" - making sure to say a few phrases in Spanish, etc. It really is formulaic.
  • the article said there were "dozens" of protestors. Wow. In some respects, this movement seems to have really subsided. 
  • and yet somehow, a protest of only "dozens" still makes it as a lead story on the msn news site. Yep, no media manipulation there! :facepalm:

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

This is a public forum - keep it polite, pls! If you want to vent, open a diff thread in 1A Lounge.

Were you aware there was a planned protest at the NRA HQ in Virginia yesterday? It was, in part, organized by the social justice network that supports (or is it: takes advantage of?) the "Parkland kids".

I just caught an article on it - here's the link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/protesters-including-parkland-students-rally-at-nra-offices-in-virginia/ar-BBLuzcw?ocid=spartandhp]

A few observations:

• the speaker on that video clip is quoting that guns are the 2nd leading cause of death for young Latinos, and also pulling in a statement about Black Lives Matter - so, in other words, trying to conflate all the MANY deaths caused by gangbangers, etc. using ILLEGAL guns... while protesting in front of the organization that represents law-abiding LEGAL gun owners. I'm so sick of that technique - conflating things to make them look the same - it's the same as calling suicide by gun "gun violence" and lumping those numbers in with the gun crimes. Totally disingenuous.
  • I'm also struck by how much the protest mirrors the other social justice movements - the calling out of special "identity groups" - making sure to say a few phrases in Spanish, etc. It really is formulaic.
  • the article said there were "dozens" of protestors. Wow. In some respects, this movement seems to have really subsided. 
  • and yet somehow, a protest of only "dozens" still makes it as a lead story on the msn news site. Yep, no media manipulation there! :facepalm:

“ the enemy of the people?” Do you agree Mrs. Sanders?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

A few observations:

When your talking points are not backed by fact, conflating and bovating is all you can do. 

Can these Democrats become any bigger hypocrites???

David Hogg protests outside NRA HQ — protected by armed guards?

Anti-gun protester David Hogg hates guns — but apparently not enough to not be protected by them.

Hogg and a collective of anti-Second Amendment agitators protested outside the NRA headquarters on Saturday, and as the group points out, he was protected by armed guards.

The NRA’s photos show, among other things, Hogg with several security agents.

For his part, Hogg unwittingly tweeted a photo showing additional armed security protecting him.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, myhatinthering said:

more importantly is the financial issues discussed in the NRA's suit against NY. 

Welp, Christian Ragosta from NRA-ILA is coming to the CNJFO Picnic & BBQ this Sunday.  For $20 you can get all-you-can-eat & shake his hand & ask him yourself  :)