SJG

P365 Update

Shot 250 rounds from a June mfg date in the P365, no failure to feeds, one failure to lock open, no other malfunctions. Gun carries great in an Alien Gear IWB holster (in Fl) now. I really like the friction grip.  Internals look good so far. Gun is extremely accurate and easy to get on target with x-ray sights. Much better in the hand with the optional 12 rounder although the included 10 rounder is not bad. Hard to believe they fit all these rounds in such a small package.  The trigger feels good and resets well. Initially, I did not realize that on disassembly you may need to push up slide release before you rotate take down lever from 4 to 6 position to reinstall slide--but it is mentioned in the manual. This is on track to be my favorite carry gun along with the Walther PPS M2. So far, it appears that Sig has resolved any design/mfg problems--

• Like 1

400 rounds fired so far, no FTF, FTE, 2 failures to lock back on open( I may have contributed, not sure) using the Alien Gear IWB holster--i like it. Trigger smoothing out more. Fired 400 with 115 grain, various mfg all brass. Yeah the 12 round mags are expensive, shop them on the internet. Not sure why no one has come out with a +2 adapter. Love the friction grip on this pistol.

7 hours ago, Zeke said:

Wolf ammo? Seriously?

7 hours ago, PK90 said:

Exactly. I don't stock any steel or aluminum cased handgun ammo.

Obviously, you two knuckleheads did not watch the videos.

You know, I have not checked that, but will compare to some spent rounds from another striker fired pistol. I do know that this one has the updated striker assembly. Will let ya know

• Like 1

Comparison with 3 spent cartridges from a P365 with 3 fired from a Walther PPS M2 reveal that the 3 from the P365, have a slightly greater primer strike, but nothing like the drag depicted about which several testers complained about in the youtube videos. I am not exactly sure what the industry definition of "drag" is and exactly what the tipping point between strike and drag is, other than to use my own subjective determination. All I can say is that I did not get what I saw on some of the earlier videos. I think the striker assembly change by Sig is the key.  I put another 50 rounds through her yesterday and  am on vacation and doing two range trips per week. With 650 rounds fired and no issues except two Failure to Lock open on last round fired, I am satisfied to carry this gun instead of my Walther PPS M2. Ergonomically, the PPS fits me like a glove, but has less capacity--and that is the reason I am going to now carry the P365--in Fl. I would like to see Mac go out and buy another and test it. I agree that Mac is a better source for gun info then Hick45, although I enjoy his videos as well. I really don't recall him ever complaining about a gun and finding a problem with it--other than how it fits his hand.

• Like 1

I don’t know if I am talking myself into or outof getting a 356 for carry. I recently fired one, held one, and compared it side by side with my g43.  I use a pierce +1, so round count difference between the two pistols is 3.  (The 12 round mag is too long, the 10 mounted is the same as the pierce). For size, some places the g43 is a smidge smaller, other places the p365 wins. So in a supertuk iwb, both will conceal the same. I can sweat all day on the glock without making it uglier. I still come back to the 3 more rounds, but with the thinner Glock mags easy to put a second 7 rounder in the pocket. Any other pluses for the p365 that I am missing?  I was all set to spend my money, but am hesitating on pulling the trigger after playing with it.