SJG

P365 Update

1 hour ago, Ff312 said:

P365 Factory night sights. Not sure what your g43 has. 

There is cost too.  The Glock is more expensive.  Actually, the Glock 43 is one of the more expensive single stack 9mms on the market.  Hell, it's a C-Note more than a M&P Shield and the Shield is an all around better gun.

Just picked up my P365 today as my new EDC.  I compared it to the G43 and the Taurus G2C (because they were all next to each other in the gun case).  Side by side, the biggest difference between the G43 and the Sig was the sights.  Haven't shot it yet but those Sign X-ray sights just work well with my old eyes.

I'll admit I'm not a Glock fan.  Had a G43 in NJ and sold it since it wasn't practical there.  The Sig just seems "right" and the sights made the difference for me.  As for the Taurus?  While I was a bit surprised at the price I just couldn't get past the potential reliability issues.     

I've been carrying a Kimber micro9 that will be replaced by the Sig P365.  

On 4/22/2019 at 9:12 PM, sgtdave4321 said:

My P365 has worked out well. I have about 500 rounds through it with no issues. My front sight dimmed out. I called SIG and sent the slide in. The replaced the sight and had it back to me in about 8 days.

Was just looking at one yesterday as well and am considering it. Right now my edc is either my P938 or my VP9SK....

I watched the videos and wondered about the primer drag. I've heard online that a lot of small guns have that problem. I dunno about that. My SK, P938, etc. I never recalled any drag on those primers. But I will check again. There are companies offering steel pins in lieu of the factory mim... I think that will only keep the pin from fracturing. We shall see. May have to go out and get one today.

Picked up a brand new March 2019 vintage P365... , ammo, extra 12 round mag and holster...

Cleaned it, reversed the mag release and reassembled. 

Got to say, these mags are the biggest bitches to load even with a loader. Especially the 12 round.  

None of my pistols are that hard, not even my p938....  

Range asap, maybe tamale...

56 minutes ago, bhunted said:

Afraid to ask price... nice.

Google-fu shows retail to be $599, available only through that distributor.  Doesn't sound like a bad deal since it includes the 12-rounder.

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, mustang69 said:

Google-fu shows retail to be $599, available only through that distributor.  Doesn't sound like a bad deal since it includes the 12-rounder.

Thats bs. There were others out there offering email notification when they arrive in stock.

41 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Doodoo brown edition

Baby poop for sure. Lol

Picking up a sig sauer p365 this Saturday, I am so excited. She has a born on date of January 24, 2019. I am glad to hear most of the issues sig had at launch have been resolved. Are there any new issues I have to worry about? Anything I should I check on her before I head to the range to test? 

3 hours ago, david8613 said:

Picking up a sig sauer p365 Saturday, so excited. She has a born on date January 24, 2019. Glad to hear most of issues they had at launch have been solved. Are there any new issues have to worry about? Anything I should I check on her before I head to range to test? 

Good choice!

5 hours ago, david8613 said:

Picking up a sig sauer p365 this Saturday, I am so excited. She has a born on date of January 24, 2019. I am glad to hear most of the issues sig had at launch have been resolved. Are there any new issues I have to worry about? Anything I should I check on her before I head to the range to test? 

Mine also has a 1/19 born date. Just hit the 1,000 round count with no issues at all. 

20 hours ago, david8613 said:

You're good to go. All fixed except primer drag which they won't fix.

The P365 is designed as a EDC gun. Putting a compensator on an EDC gun makes no sense. If you want a comp on a gun you really need to go with a compact size pistol as opposed to subcompact.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

I have to say the only thing I don't like about my P365 is the rail.  I do not put anything on a gun this compact.  

That's hardly a rail. Had to look at mine to even realize it was there. They do offer lights and lasers for it though.