sroc112

So what has everyone done with their 15 round mags?

Now with the new 10 round limit, has everyone gotten rid of their mags over 10 rounds? I have a bunch of 15 rounders for my glocks that I am shedding tears over having to dispose of. I have a family member in PA who I may ask to hold onto them for me in the lucky event that this law gets over turned. I have read in a few posts on this forum people mention the possibility of this law being fought in court and overturned, but I won’t hold my breath. However, despite how cheap glock mags are, I’ll be mad at myself the day it does get overturned and I already got rid of all of mine. In the meantime, I have purchased a few 10 round mags to have on hand as well.

1 minute ago, Pew Pew Plates said:

I think there has been a sudden uptick in boating accidents, given the fact that many members here are boat enthusiasts as well.  It really begs the question, why are gun owners such sh!tty boat operators?

LOL....

On a serious note....

I will not be getting rid of any of my 15rd mags..... In October, I will box them all up and put them in storage, or send them to family in Florida...

Until then, going to watch the legal process take its course.... 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, 67gtonut said:

LOL....

On a serious note....

I will not be getting rid of any of my 15rd mags..... In October, I will box them all up and put them in storage, or send them to family in Florida...

Until then, going to watch the legal process take its course.... 

Same... except family in VT, not FL 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, siderman said:

This here is my plan.

Funny. That's my plan too.

5 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

I need to buy a boat so I can have a boating accident

naw. rent a boat. you know how many shitty boats there are you can rent. they always break/sink/capsize.  you'd think we as consumers would learn.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 67gtonut said:

On a serious note....

I will not be getting rid of any of my 15rd mags.....

Until then, going to watch the legal process take its course...

This is the correct answer.

Mine haven't moved either.

• Like 2

The exact due date is October what?

so realistically speaking, when we say watch the legal process take its course, what chances are there of this law being turned around? Haven’t there been cases in CA and NY regarding their bans? They are still in place for the most part, right?

Not a single person should destroy or turn in their >10rd magazines.  Everyone has family or friends outside of NJ (or can bury destroy them).  Don't willingly give up your own property because of these asshats.

• Like 10

49 minutes ago, sroc112 said:

when we say watch the legal process take its course, what chances are there of this law being turned around?

34 minutes ago, vjf915 said:

Don't willingly give up your own property because of these asshats.

..." An ex post facto law (corrupted from Latin: ex postfacto, lit. 'out of the aftermath') is a law that retroactively changes the legal consequences (or status) of actions that were committed, or relationships that existed, before the enactment of the law. In criminal law, it may criminalize actions that were legal when committed;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex_post_facto_law

• Like 2

A bunch of people should box a few up and anonymously send them to their senator's or representative's office (if they voted for the law). Track the package, and as soon as it's been delivered, anonymously call the cops and report that they are in illegal possession. :D

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

This says we have 4 months:

Nope, it says 180 days (which is six months):

....."which is capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition on the effective date of the new law may retain possession of that rifle or magazine for a period not to exceed 180 days after the effective date of the new law. "

Bucktooth Murphy signed the law June 13th. So we have until December 13th, or forever, if the injunction is approved.

44 minutes ago, Persona non grata said:

A bunch of people should box a few up and anonymously send them to their senator's or representative's office (if they voted for the law). Track the package, and as soon as it's been delivered, anonymously call the cops and report that they are in illegal possession. :D

This is the BEST route!!

4 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Nope, it says 180 days (which is six months):

....."which is capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition on the effective date of the new law may retain possession of that rifle or magazine for a period not to exceed 180 days after the effective date of the new law. "

Bucktooth Murphy signed the law June 13th. So we have until December 13th, 

I meant 4 months from now