sroc112

So what has everyone done with their 15 round mags?

2 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

I meant 4 months from now

OK

In the mean time, stay focused on the middle of this month:

......" U.S. District Judge Peter Sheridan called a pre-hearing conference in chambers where he told counsel that he is scheduling a full-blown hearing on certain factual aspects of the case by mid-August. Specifically, experts who provided declarations for both sides will be brought into court to provide further detailed testimony under oath."

This is our best shot for now...

Has anyone heard if there's been an actual date set?

• Like 1

Not a single person should destroy or turn in their >10rd magazines.  Everyone has family or friends outside of NJ (or can bury destroy them).  Don't willingly give up your own property because of these asshats.

Amen. I live in NJ and there not going anywhere My 15 round Mags stay with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

What 15rd mags?

IF I owned any legally purchased 15rd mags before the law, then I would not give anything up because the law changed to make me a criminal. I did not commit a crime, and just because the LAW says so, doesn't mean its legal.

All laws repugnant to the Constitution are null and void.

• Like 2

Mine have been going back and forth to the range with me........

If I have to get rid of them, they join my 25 round Saiga-12 drums that are waiting for me.

If I am allowed by the gods in Trenton to modify them to ONLY hold 10 rounds, then they can stay here in NJ with me.

Will wait and see. Did buy 10 new 10 round mags for my Ruger PC9, dang those plastic things are CHEAP!

But, my metal mags are certainly not! I think my 10 round mags for my .22 semi autos were at least $25 a piece, which will still be legal, until the 5 round limit bill is introduced, it is already written.

Some of my other mags were $40 or more a pop. Won't be happy if I can't keep them.

• Like 2

.......no one is coming to your house to search for magazines........  

If somene does come and with a warrant AND itemizing the very specific things they are looking for...you have bigger problems than a few mags ...

That being said....  problems with your children?  Move them...  problems with family members who may be anti gun...? Move them. Problems with your partner wife husband etc....? Move them....

There are many ways to get jammed up ......but random knocks on the door with warrantless searches aren't happening....

And finally who needs 15 rounds anyway.....  5/8 is more than enough on an enbloc or stripper clip.   :p

If somene does come and with a warrant AND itemizing the very specific things they are looking for...you have bigger problems than a few mags ...

That being said....  problems with your children?  Move them...  problems with family members who may be anti gun...? Move them. Problems with your partner wife husband etc....? Move them....

There are many ways to get jammed up ......but random knocks on the door with warrantless searches aren't happening....

And finally who needs 15 rounds anyway.....  5/8 is more than enough on an enbloc or stripper clip.   :p

“Cough, cough”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, USRifle30Cal said:

You M1 Rifle maniac...

• Like 1

EXACTLY what is the official , proper, legal way that NJ wants owners to dispose of all their 15 round magazines?? I have yet to hear or see the official statement of this from NJ!

Do you just throw the away??

Turn them in to local PD or State Police??

Will we be reimbursed??

Can someone here please clear this up?? I have 6 of them and want to comply legally and properly.

I kept my 15 rounders all 2 of them. I like them when shooting from a bench. Now my 20 something 30 rounders get to see daylight on a regular basis instead of being hidden in a box. Life in a free state is good! 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, gunnarsport said:

EXACTLY what is the official , proper, legal way that NJ wants owners to dispose of all their 15 round magazines?? I have yet to hear or see the official statement of this from NJ!

Do you just throw the away??

Turn them in to local PD or State Police??

Will we be reimbursed??

Can someone here please clear this up?? I have 6 of them and want to comply legally and properly.

you will not be reimbursed, by transporting the 15 rd magazines i THINK (someone pls check me on this) you are technically already breaking the law.  I doubt police are accepting mags outright without questioning you... NJ made this as ambiguous and frustrating as possible for a reason to deter gun ownership and make it confusing as all hell to be law abiding citizens.  

I thought of a great idea for all the 15 rounders that everyone has.

Anyone have a welder?

We weld all the 15 rounders together, and make a big statue of a guy out of them, like this one below. Also, we take one of the guys hands and make sure he giving the finger, nice and clearly.

Then, we move the statue right in front of Gov. Bucktooth's office, so everyday when he gets to work, he'll see us giving him the finger.

Who's in?

statue.jpg

If I turn them in to my local PD, will I be held for questioning and treated like a criminal?? Or no questions asked?

My guess is the cops say thanks and then disperse them around the station

• Like 6

I tell this to everyone every time I see one of these threads and I have no idea why no one gets it.

If you're storing magazines "out of state", then just store regular magazines there.

Your neutered Jersey junk is worth nothing. 

In the eyes of the law, it's all the same after 10 rounds.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, elongobardi said:

What state are you in

13 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

It says New Hampshire under his avatar.

Correct, I moved to New Hampshire in may. 

58 minutes ago, mossburger said:

I tell this to everyone every time I see one of these threads and I have no idea why no one gets it.

If you're storing magazines "out of state", then just store regular magazines there.

Your neutered Jersey junk is worth nothing. 

In the eyes of the law, it's all the same after 10 rounds.

Exactly, everyone is getting their panties all up in a wad over number of rounds..

It doesn't matter folks, 11 rounds or 100 rounds, you're the same felon. It's not like they're going to charge you, convict you or lock you away for certain years based on the number of rounds a mag holds. At this point, go buy 30 rounders or 50 round drums, it's the same thing.

3 hours ago, gunnarsport said:

If I turn them in to my local PD, will I be held for questioning and treated like a criminal?? Or no questions asked?

Put them in a basket wrapped in a warm blanket and go to a firehouse in the middle of the night, leave them by the front door.

I believe that the issue is that people already possess the 15 round magazines. Why should they go out and spend more money on higher capacity magazines that they can't use? Or throw away magazines that they already own? Hence, "storing" the 15 round magazines makes sense. Because, maybe they will finally be forced to leave the state of nj and be able to use them again.

• Like 4

If anyone is that worried about jackbooted, brownshirted thugs kicking in your door and butt raping the cat while pilfering your illegal more-than-10-round magazines.   PM me and i'll send you an address to which you can ship them...      

For fucks sake people....repeat this to yourself three times a day:  "what magazines?" 
Buy one or two for anything you want to take to the range and go about your lives.

• Like 9

Who NEEDS more than 10 rounds :)  Just do a NY reload - you have three guns in easy reach each with 10 rounds - now you have the equivalent of a normal capacity magazine with insurance against such things as feed failures ;)

Me, I just got the hell out of Dodge and am making good use of my 15 round mags by adding Dawson +4 basepads which give me 19+1 in 140mm length for shooting .40 major in USPSA.  Sorry don't mean to rub it in, well maybe just a little ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PK90 said:

I believe that the issue is that people already possess the 15 round magazines. Why should they go out and spend more money on higher capacity magazines that they can't use? Or throw away magazines that they already own? Hence, "storing" the 15 round magazines makes sense. Because, maybe they will finally be forced to leave the state of nj and be able to use them again.

I get what you're saying, but at this point in time I see deals on AR/AK/Glock and several other common mfg. mags in the $8-12 range regularly on various websites. Considering the fact that most of the users here are enthusiasts and seem to have no issues spending plenty of money on all sorts of stuff (good for them), it would still seem wisest to just purchase the regular magazines. 

Look at it from a collector's point of view, if anything the regular magazines could spike back to $30+ a piece in a bad political climate, or become "pre-ban" themselves again one day. Hopefully not, of course. But they have the advantage of being overall better, and more desirable, in all circumstances compared to neutered jersey junk.