sroc112

Self defense insurance options

Now that I have some new additions to my life, I am looking into insurance that will assist me with fees and legal assistance in the event that I need to use a firearm in my house for self defense. I am looking to get all of my options on the topic and see if you all can share some feedback on who you use and why. What are the aspects of the policy you have, or the lack of benefits of their competitors, that make you chose who you have?

I have US Law Shield. It isn't perfect, but I don't think any of them are. USLS is good because there's no caps on legal defense (criminal and civil) and since the lawyers are already on retainer, you don't have to go out and find a lawyer. Two issues though. 1 - If you get sued in civil court and lose, it isn't an insurance policy, so you're on your own. 2 - You don't really get to pick what lawyer you get, so you're hoping they have great ones on retainer (Nappen's firm is the NJ affiliate).

I went with USLS because the price is right (and locked in for life), I have coverage in all 50 states, and I live in a state that limits the rights of shitbags or surviving family members of shitbags to sue me if my shooting is deemed legal. With that said, I may take out an actual insurance policy at some point just in case.

On 8/8/2018 at 5:15 PM, sroc112 said:

Now that I have some new additions to my life, I am looking into insurance that will assist me with fees and legal assistance in the event that I need to use a firearm in my house for self defense. I am looking to get all of my options on the topic and see if you all can share some feedback on who you use and why. What are the aspects of the policy you have, or the lack of benefits of their competitors, that make you chose who you have?

You live in NJ . You can not afford that much insurance if you use a gun for defense. You will be toast any way you look at it.