sroc112

Moved back to Monmouth County

9 posts in this topic

Good evening, moved back to Monmouth County (Tinton Falls) and looking for some input and feedback on some nearby shops and ranges. Right now I am more interested in establishing a new range to go to, but also have a few toys on my wishlist that I’ll eventually need a shop for. I used to shot at RTSP in Randolph but looking for something closer. In regard to shops, I have no experience with any shops south of Union County, but am looking for stores with a large selection of product and not know to price gouge, like RTSP was known for.

I second Monmouth Arms. Steve can get whatever you want at a great price and the visits are always highly entertaining :).

I shoot at Union Hill Gun Club. Legend Firearms is also there.

Howell Gun Works is a nice shop with good selection. Modern Materiel in Keyport is great if you need any custom work

2 people like this

1 hour ago, chocodove said:

I second Monmouth Arms. Steve can get whatever you want at a great price and the visits are always highly entertaining :).

I shoot at Union Hill Gun Club. Legend Firearms is also there.

Howell Gun Works is a nice shop with good selection. Modern Materiel in Keyport is great if you need any custom work

middletown here, never heard of modern material.  what who?

1 hour ago, jrfly3006 said:

Also cast my vote for Steve at Monmouth Arms...rangewise I belong to CJRPC..they have indoor pistol range and everything outdoor also..welcome to the neighborhood

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

the only real option for us really, everything else is just not good enough imho

3 hours ago, sroc112 said:

Good evening, moved back to Monmouth County (Tinton Falls) and looking for some input and feedback on some nearby shops and ranges. Right now I am more interested in establishing a new range to go to, but also have a few toys on my wishlist that I’ll eventually need a shop for. I used to shot at RTSP in Randolph but looking for something closer. In regard to shops, I have no experience with any shops south of Union County, but am looking for stores with a large selection of product and not know to price gouge, like RTSP was known for.

Old Bridge Rifle & Pistol Club is an easy drive from Tinton Falls.  Indoor range rated for up to .45 cal pistol rounds (no magnums, but pistol caliber carbines are OK).  Outdoor range is 7 pits PLUS a dedicated scattergun range for clay birds.  No need to be a One Trick Pony & you're your own R-O!  http://www.obrpc.org 

14 hours ago, myhatinthering said:

middletown here, never heard of modern material.  what who?

Modern Materiel/GSD Coating is technically in Laurence Harbor on Rt 35 but has a Keyport Mailing address.

http://modernmateriel.com/

In addition to manufacturing their own line of AR15 rifles (with the coolest rollmark ever - "Keyport, NJ") they are a full service FFL with a small pro shop stocked with some really nice gear, and they do custom coating and milling work.

I use them for everything now, and they are very close to us in Middletown.

1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Modern Materiel/GSD Coating is technically in Laurence Harbor on Rt 35 but has a Keyport Mailing address.

http://modernmateriel.com/

In addition to manufacturing their own line of AR15 rifles (with the coolest rollmark ever - "Keyport, NJ") they are a full service FFL with a small pro shop stocked with some really nice gear, and they do custom coating and milling work.

I use them for everything now, and they are very close to us in Middletown.

Outstanding, that's great to know as much as I love Steve and I do love Steve, sometimes it's hard to get all the way out there so it's nice to have another option. I'll check them out. Thank you