sroc112

Trying to fully understand the law that entitles others to have your firearms taken away

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Well, that was VERY helpful! :facepalm: 

:rolleyes:

N.J. law/warrants only good in joisey.

an arrest warrant requires extradition from the other state. I have never heard of or could fathom a N.J. search warrant being exercised in another state. That’s federal level stuff  

• Like 1

On 8/13/2018 at 4:32 PM, myhatinthering said:

did you say anything?

With the first person, no, but the second one was a mess.  For some reason, he showed the video clip of the DEA officer who shot himself in the foot.  He didn't explain correctly how the negligent discharge occurred.  When I attempted to explain how it happened, he ignored me and kept on talking.  I gave the presenter a bad review. 

He also had inaccurate video clips where a New Jersey news station claimed that a gang member had a so called assault weapon, which was actually an SKS!  Sigh....

• Like 1

On 8/11/2018 at 11:00 AM, WP22 said:

I've said this several times to the very, very few people that know I have guns:

if there's ever an event in my life that would cause me to benefit seeing a shrink temporally or even  taking some happy pills, I won't. I'll deal with it on my own. I will not have that stigma of mental illness attached to me when my civil rights are at stake. And I know I'm not alone.

When all mental illness gets treated the same, none gets treated.

I completely agree with you.  Even  dissuades people from seeking guidance in matters related to divorce, re-marriage, child rearing, etc.   A dam shame and I speak from my personal experience.   To quote another member’s post here from a few years ago: “The only doctor I open my mouth for is the dentist”.  This quote is now my guiding principle.

• Like 2

Are you in NJ? The only thing that concerns me is the confiscation of ARs. I’ll have mine out of my residence in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not for much longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FYI, when someone signs a DV Complaint against you, they can list anywhere else that you have access to firearms. The complaint is also a search warrant for those locations. It not only is for your guns, the police can take the resident's own firearms where yours are stored. Even a friend's firearms are not safe if you have had access prior.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

Very few people know. Location was moved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1