HBecwithFn7

What's your "Holy Grail" Firearm?

A different thread (the "I'm done with Guns" thread) caused me to think of something that I thought I'd ask the group. 

What's  your "Holy Grail" firearm?  That is, the one for which you keep striving to acquire in your lifetime but, for whatever reasons (cost, availability, etc.), it always seems to elude you, throughout your life, It should be a conventional existing (not imaginary - no "light sabers" :D) firearm that could be acquired generally (i.e. not "restricted" to the Military, etc),

I have one in several different categories (categories like "long range sniper rifle", "NFA," large caliber, etc.). But at EOD, I'd have to say, at present,  the one that stands out of those is my NFA choice:  The Thompson "Chicago Typewriter" with drum mags.

Campbell_Thompson.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

But for real, though...

MP5SD3 with the SEF trigger group (Full buttstock though, not retractable).  Full auto and quiet enough you don't need hearing protection...

Heckler_Koch_MP5.jpg

You beat me to it.hk-k-heckler-koch-operation-nimrod_1_c77

I always wanted an MP5 ever since I rented one several years ago. Since moving to a free state, looked into it but still holding out due to cost, as well as going through a full case of ammo within minutes of each range trip!

I did recently go with a H&K-G36 conversion stock for my ruger 10/22, firing with the stock folded is fun, and cheap with 22lr.  A cheaper more practical alternative 

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

Model 29 (Dirty Harry, Taxi Driver, Magnum Force, Sudden Impact)

For my late mother this was the epitome of handguns. She never got to shoot it, but at least she could fondle it while she was with us.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

For my late mother this was the epitome of handguns. She never got to shoot it, but at least she could fondle it while she was with us.

It would be the only gun I plan on owning that might NEVER shoot.

I'd like a Chieftain Tank with a functional cannon.  I've seen them and Sherman tanks for sale for anywhere from $275,000 to $525,000.  (My wife said I could by one if we ever win the lottery and net over $10 million)  The Ox Ranch in Texas is the only place I know of off the top of my head right now that lets people pay to come drive and shoot tanks.  It's a private business so a functional tanks fits the parameters of this hypothetical thread :p  

1 hour ago, Regular Guy said:

I'd like a Chieftain Tank with a functional cannon.  I've seen them and Sherman tanks for sale for anywhere from $275,000 to $525,000.  (My wife said I could by one if we ever win the lottery and net over $10 million)  The Ox Ranch in Texas is the only place I know of off the top of my head right now that lets people pay to come drive and shoot tanks.  It's a private business so a functional tanks fits the parameters of this hypothetical thread :p  

It would be pretty cool having a friggin tank parked in the driveway.

I can't decide but these 3 will probably always be on my list. The P08 comes first though![emoji4]
images.jpg.e08c45321d3919a1dd4465c4add332ba.jpg

large.jpg.62220db89701130f745eb0de72225fc7.jpg
Wildey-Survivor-Pistol-in-.44-Auto-Mag-Now-Available-For-Preorder-1.jpg.09f82b68919e29ddb6c59d4207da53a1.jpg

2 of the 3 are on my short list. I have the Luger. Also Bren Ten.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Model 29 (Dirty Harry, Taxi Driver, Magnum Force, Sudden Impact)

Also on my short list

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2