HBecwithFn7

What's your "Holy Grail" Firearm?

11 hours ago, Old Glock guy said:

Good choice!  I think when I leave this state I'll get an M1 carbine.  

Had one, back when you could in NJ....its nice, but not THAT nice.  An AR, any AR, is far and away a better carbine.

For my short list:

1.  I'd LOVE a Python.  Shot several, never owned one.  I've got a couple of revolvers that are close...but they still aren't a Python.  Of course, they weren't $3000, either. 

2.  P08 Luger.  Fine shooters; they just fit my hand well, and the whole toggle action is just fascinating.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Any other MP5 fans may be interested in this event. I believe I'll be there.

I've been. Last time there it was a pumpkin slaughter. Great fun. It can get expensive if you want to shoot a lot of guns.

37 minutes ago, W2MC said:

1.  I'd LOVE a Python.  Shot several, never owned one.  I've got a couple of revolvers that are close...but they still aren't a Python.  Of course, they weren't $3000, either. 

2.  P08 Luger.  Fine shooters; they just fit my hand well, and the whole toggle action is just fascinating.  

Choice one is truly choice.  I'd recommend one if you ever come across one at a "reasonable" price.  They're a lot of fun with a pretty amazing trigger.  If you ever get up this way let me know.  You can put a few rounds thru one that I know of...

This is why I collect Milsurps. It's hard to run out of things. Tonight I got one of my top ten. Still need her Sister and IOB.

Friday I got the PSL for even less than the Dutch FN-48.

9f962e4a22087b5eb012bed1c2b8eb44.jpg70888b1d9c4cac88ff3dc7b0cb07edcb.jpg59cfebaf67083301725c6df3eb7ff52d.jpg788b8cb97bdeef44397ff3b6b75d4271.jpgffd0651d93bd2e409c7792ec8858bcbf.jpg5e37154cbd45dfe658fd0347da72d1f2.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, DaddyNick said:

What's the costs associated with that? Aside from club donation etc. 

IDK - the place that video is from is in Wichita, KS.  Cost me like $100 for those 2 minutes of fun, lol.

46 minutes ago, capt14k said:

This is why I collect Milsurps. It's hard to run out of things. Tonight I got one of my top ten. Still need her Sister and IOB.

5e37154cbd45dfe658fd0347da72d1f2.jpg

NICE!  I love my PSL.  I need to replace the scope with something more functional though.  Price for those has doubled since I got mine.

Something I have wanted for many years is an Accuracy International AWM in .338 Lapua Magnum or .300 Win Mag. Alternative option AWP in .308 with 26" barrel. Or even AE in .308. Needing to pay to feed it, smart choice would be the .308.

If I sold half of the guns I own, I might be able to afford the gun. The other half would have to go to afford the glass worthy of such a rifle.

The other rifle that usually comes to mind right after the AI would be an HK MSG90. I have been a G3 variant fan for a while, and the MSG90 ticks off every checkbox I have for a G3...but as I just said, it also comes to mind AFTER the AI AWM/AWP.

And runner up is always an MP5; a K, A4, or SD2. I have a .22 clone which is barely keeping me satisfied, but I want the real deal.

Also ran, and most likely to actually own: Anschutz 54 action with TBD configuration, and/or Vudoo v22 action in AI stock. I need to admit I am a .22 junkie. I also have given serious thought to selling guns to buy a 54/v22 actioned rifle...it will happen, but when is the question.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Malice4you said:

Something I have wanted for many years is an Accuracy International AWM in .338 Lapua Magnum or .300 Win Mag. Alternative option AWP in .308 with 26" barrel. Or even AE in .308. Needing to pay to feed it, smart choice would be the .308.

If I sold half of the guns I own, I might be able to afford the gun. The other half would have to go to afford the glass worthy of such a rifle.

The other rifle that usually comes to mind right after the AI would be an HK MSG90. I have been a G3 variant fan for a while, and the MSG90 ticks off every checkbox I have for a G3...but as I just said, it also comes to mind AFTER the AI AWM/AWP.

AWP would be awesome - It's on the list but I'd never get to shoot it.  MSG90 is nice too - but why not shoot for a PSG1? :D

22 minutes ago, TokenEntry said:

I can't believe no one mentioned a Russian Dragunov or the Chinese NDM-86 or the .308 variants yet.

Regards,

TokenEntry

Dragunov is on the list too but I'm ok with not having one as I have a PSL-54C already.

10 hours ago, W2MC said:

Had one, back when you could in NJ....its nice, but not THAT nice.  An AR, any AR, is far and away a better carbine.

For my short list:

A local gun shop near me in VA has a beautiful 4" nickel Python for $1700.  It looks unfired.

• Like 1

Just now, BlueLineFish said:

Does it have the box? 

I didn't ask. They also had a blued one with a really long barrel and a Leupold scope for $3000.  The bluing on that one was near mint.  I will check to see if they have the box for the 4".  This is in rural VA, prices are very reasonable at the shop.  I just look on Gunbroker the price seems excellent.

If you want a Holy Grail gun, you must have the Holy Hand Grenade. It qualifies as the Holy Grail weapon....
It requires an arm, Creates much fire and other things, and can be thrown at thou foe... ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JC_68Westy said:

A local gun shop near me in VA has a beautiful 4" nickel Python for $1700.  It looks unfired.

A nickel Python....be still, my heart.....

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

AWP would be awesome - It's on the list but I'd never get to shoot it.  MSG90 is nice too - but why not shoot for a PSG1? :D

PSG-1 has never quite done it for me as much as the MSG90. Wouldn't mind a PSG-1 either, just prefer the MSG90.

On 8/12/2018 at 6:27 PM, FXDX said:

VZ-58

@FXDX

Just a heads up, Czechpoint and Atlantic Firearms both sell them for ~1k. They're NJ legal and if you lock the magazine in place (or buy the Liberty version) you can use stripper clips to load and completely forget the features BS if you want the paratrooper version. 

I can't believe no one mentioned a Russian Dragunov or the Chinese NDM-86 or the .308 variants yet.
Regards,
TokenEntry

Funny you say that I just bought a Dragunov Tiger Carbine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dragunov is on the list too but I'm ok with not having one as I have a PSL-54C already.

Dragunov and PSL are two completely different firearms. PSL is a Kalishnikov and Dragunov is well a Dragunov design. No parts interchange between the two.

3 hours ago, capt14k said:

Funny you say that I just bought a Dragunov Tiger Carbine.

The last time I checked prices on GB for Dragunov Tiger versions they weren't cheap. Congrats on your acquisition! You plan on shooting it or will it be a safe queen? Also, would love to see some pics.

Regards,

TokenEntry

The last time I checked prices on GB for Dragunov Tiger versions they weren't cheap. Congrats on your acquisition! You plan on shooting it or will it be a safe queen? Also, would love to see some pics.
Regards,
TokenEntry
Probably shoot it then sell it

The Holy Grail of my small, but growing handgun collection is my Bren Ten Standard Model. It is in extremely good condition. I also have 5 magazines for it that all lock into place, & function properly. It is still a two tone finish as it came from D&D because I refuse to have the slide hard chromed as in Miami Vice. Sometime I have to bring it to the range & put a box of 50 through it again, as it has been fired many times before & is perfectly reliable to shoot. I only use target 180 grain FMJ's such as Remington UMC or the Sig Sauer. My other 10 mm is a 1006 that I will put hot loaded JHP's through it with absolutely no problems at all.    

On 8/12/2018 at 10:07 AM, Handyman said:

I'm looking for something that will reach Trenton from my parking lot. I'm a little out of howitzer range.

Keep in mind artillery ranges sre measured aerially. Your GPS and actual aerial mileage vary greatly. Make sure you're looking at the right one. If Glassboro is any closer, you are welcome to set up here.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2018 at 10:07 AM, Handyman said:

I'm looking for something that will reach Trenton from my parking lot. I'm a little out of howitzer range.

A buddy of mine went on a tour of the Battleship New Jersey.

The tourguide remarked that the big guns could hit Trenton from its berth in Camden.

My buddy's reply was "So what's stopping you?"

• Like 6

On 8/12/2018 at 5:58 PM, diamondd817 said:

It would be pretty cool having a friggin tank parked in the driveway.

During the newark riots, Commiteeman from the north ward, Anthony Imperiale threatened to roll out his tank! Would love to have seen it!

On 8/12/2018 at 10:01 PM, capt14k said:

9f962e4a22087b5eb012bed1c2b8eb44.jpg70888b1d9c4cac88ff3dc7b0cb07edcb.jpg59cfebaf67083301725c6df3eb7ff52d.jpg788b8cb97bdeef44397ff3b6b75d4271.jpgffd0651d93bd2e409c7792ec8858bcbf.jpg5e37154cbd45dfe658fd0347da72d1f2.jpg

Beautiful rifle! Congratulations!

I have a .380 pistol by Fabrique Nationale, "Browning Patent" (spelling) with the same "W" crest and crown stamp. Can you tell me anything about it?