Zeke

Polynesian grilled meat loaf

https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/1930/polynesian-meatloaf-on-the-grill/

we substitute ground turkey.

but seriously this is grilled, so it’s manly meatloaf 

( we had a bitchin food thread, I searched, maybe when @Mrs. Peel broke da server it got lost?)

• Like 1

Interesting... indeed. Don't be hurt by what I'm about to say, because I'm delighted that you love your recipe... and yet, I do believe you are on a sad and confused culinary path!

Despite the many "Polynesian" recipes out there trying to mislead us into thinking pineapple should muscle its way into our entrees, pineapple is still ideally a dessert or beverage ingredient. It does not belong in a meatloaf... or, perish the thought, obscenely dressing the surface of an otherwise perfectly good pizza. These uses are... simply wrong... blasphemous... and worthy of some healthy peanut gallery criticism. Let the flaming continue...

• Like 5

I mean, my palate has evolved past the huge slabs of meat warmed up on a grill still reeking of lighter fluid and still dripping blood. But still...fruit with your meat, no way. And that goes for pork and apples, too.

And the closest you'll get me to tofu is edamame which I like a lot frozen or fresh.

Diner tonight was fresh green beans a la Lidia Bastianich with  lemon baked salmon. Watermelon for desert. Should have infused it with some spiced rum, but meh, didn't want to go trough the trouble.

The beans and tomatoes were idyllically free ranging on my back yard until half an hour before I chased them and violently murdered them. The fish was the best some poor, exploited Chilean fish farmer had to offer out of his environment destroying, open ocean fish pens.

And speaking of edamame, I grew a patch of it this year so I could cook my wife childhood's favorite way. She hadn't had it in about 30 years, so why not? 

Anyway, I told y'all all this to say this a) I can grow stuff to eat and could grow more if I had the time, land and a more agreeable climate and b) I can cook what I grow.

With all this being said I still maintain that anybody that mixes in fruit with their food is committing a atrocity and a crime against humanity for all intents and proposes. The only remedy is to banish such offenders to the wilderness.

7 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Don’t lose faith, Zeke. Your recipe looks great. If others don’t like it then Fook em. Enjoy your pineatloaf, with the umbrella drink it deserves. 

:facepalm:

trying to share opulence with the uncultured, unwashed....miscreants 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

pineapple is still ideally a dessert or beverage ingredient. It does not belong in a meatloaf... or, perish the thought, obscenely dressing the surface of an otherwise perfectly good pizza. These uses are... simply wrong... blasphemous... and worthy of some healthy peanut gallery criticism. Let the flaming continue...

Wrong,  Just like you're wrong about porkroll.   Unholster that ban hammer if you wish- make me a martyr for the fruity meat followers.  

18 hours ago, WP22 said:

that goes for pork and apples, too.

WRONG

And the closest you'll get me to tofu is edamame which I like a lot frozen or fresh.

Diner tonight was fresh green beans a la Lidia Bastianich with  lemon baked salmon. Watermelon for desert. Should have infused it with some spiced rum, but meh, didn't want to go trough the trouble.

This is fruit and meat.

With all this being said I still maintain that anybody that mixes in fruit with their food is committing a atrocity and a crime against humanity for all intents and proposes. The only remedy is to banish such offenders to the wilderness.

You sir are guilty of said "crime".

10 hours ago, Zeke said:

:facepalm:

trying to share opulence with the uncultured, unwashed....miscreants 

Only fast food eating, chicago style pizza loving, food neophobes, subhumans with unrefined palates and those with Ageusia would say that fruit and meat don't belong together.  I feel for those unfortunate souls.  
i got your culinary back @Zeke

• Like 1

I apologize one thousand times, I squeezed some lemon on my fish. I'll commit seppuku toute de suite.

I'll not apologize, though,  for my contention that the only proper way to have apples in pork is to feed them to the hogs to fatten them up.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Bighungry618 said:

Wrong,  Just like you're wrong about porkroll.   Unholster that ban hammer if you wish- make me a martyr for the fruity meat followers.  

I can't have you becoming a martyr for the "fruity people". Perish the thought. Besides, the ban hammer should be swung only when it's LEAST expected... in order to derive maximum impact and strike terror into the hearts of the peasants. As an added side benefit, it keeps those (like yourself) who suspect they are "likely targets" somewhat unnerved for the long days and weeks leading up to very instant the ban hammer is swung. 

Now, go about your business... peddlin' your blasphemous Taylor Ham-hatin', fruit-lovin' ways. Just know that... I'm watching you.

• Like 2

@WP22

No need, Zeke forgives you. Also, and partially because your a fan of Lidia....I forgive you. 
How about less classic combinations like rotisserie turkey breast finished on the grill in a peach-apricot honey glaze? What say you then? That's what house Hungry had last night over grill roasted broccoli and portobello mushrooms finished VERY lightly with fresh herb infused white truffle oil and smoked sea salt.

My wife knows there are two people i'd leave her for.  1. Lidia Bastianich 2. Alex Guarnaschelli. 

I'd try this meatloaf.  I like pineapple, especially BBQ'd pineapple dusted with cinnamon & turned on a spit at Fernandez 3 in Sayreville.  It's a "pre-dessert" served with Rodizio, not a true dessert!  Pineapple & Hog Hunt bacon tooth-picked to a Hog Hunt smoked ham is pretty great too.  Blessed kosher by the local Rabbi :) 

Image may contain: David Rosenthal, smiling, outdoor

On 8/12/2018 at 7:33 PM, WP22 said:

Pineapple on meat loaf....tofu.....

Is this the coming out thread 'cause this ain't no food.

Obesity, diabetes, heart disease, etc....no fun.

If we're concerned with the unlikely event of an untimely death via home invasion, seems only logical to also be quite concerned with the much more common and likely threats to our well being as well.

I used to ridicule people the same way years ago. But remember, many people have health concerns and good for them for taking care.

And if you're just kidding, sorry for taking you seriously. I mean no offense.

On 8/12/2018 at 8:39 PM, Mrs. Peel said:

Despite the many "Polynesian" recipes out there trying to mislead us into thinking pineapple should muscle its way into our entrees, pineapple is still ideally a dessert or beverage ingredient. It does not belong in a meatloaf... or, perish the thought, obscenely dressing the surface of an otherwise perfectly good pizza. 

Now I have to wade into the fray...because I love a good Hawaiian special pizza!   A cold slice leftover from the night before is also one of my favorite breakfasts.

I mention this mostly because I recently came back from an anniversary trip to Hawaii (I've now visited all 50 states!), and we saw a pizza place that advertised their ham and pineapple pie as a 'Mainland special'.    So maybe it's the pizza equivalent of the 'Texas wieners' that are ubiquitous in NJ, but unknown in Texas.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 10X said:

Now I have to wade into the fray...because I love a good Hawaiian special pizza!   A cold slice leftover from the night before is also one of my favorite breakfasts.

I mention this mostly because I recently came back from an anniversary trip to Hawaii (I've now visited all 50 states!), and we saw a pizza place that advertised their ham and pineapple pie as a 'Mainland special'.    So maybe it's the pizza equivalent of the 'Texas wieners' that are ubiquitous in NJ, but unknown in Texas.

IIRC Hawaiian Pizza was invented in NY State for a pizza contest (and won).

Also +1 for pineapple on pizza

26 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Oh and for the un fruiters....” google what is a tomato “ 

Mic drop

My particular objection was (and is) to pineapple as an entrée.

But you lobbed out a good point...and I'll give you that... despite your unholy, knuckle-draggin',  pineapple-meatloaf-lovin' ways.

• Like 1