Zeke

Polynesian grilled meat loaf

Want to know what sounds interesting? Pork roll and pineapple on a nice Kaiser roll, maybe with the roll ever so slightly toasted.  The salty greasiness of the pork roll combining with the cool sweetness of the pineapple.  We can call it the "How Ya' Doin' Hawaiian Breakfast Sandwhich"!

Maybe even grill the pineapple a little! 

I think I just created a thing!

So you basically would have a couple of slices of pineapple on a toasted roll since pork roll doesn't exist.

It may not be half bad if you swirl the pineapple on a skilled with a little butter, finish it off with a little rum, quarter it, put it in a bowl and spoon off some vanilla ice cream on top. Two scoops, of course.

Feed the bread to the birds.

1 hour ago, gleninjersey said:

But is Spam meat?

I'm with Zeke.  Pineapple meatballs, Hawaiin pizza, pear glazed pork chops, cranberries and turkey together heaped high on the fork!  I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

Spam is mostly pork shoulder.  It was invented in the 30s by Hormel as pork shoulder was not a popular cut of meat.

Spam came to prominence in WW2 when we needed some type of canned meat to feed our troops and allies throughout the world.  It became very popular in places where they had a lack of refrigeration and ate a lot of pork.  It became popular in Hawaii, the Phillipines, and other places in the Pacific and remains so to this day.  Also popular in Vietnam where they got their taste if Spam in the 60s and 70s.

Not a healthy meat.  But it is meat.

• Like 1

So, whipped up a little something last night.  We had some left overs which had to be eaten first so cooked the meatloaf about 75% last night.  

Wife will be putting in oven to finish cooking it this evening and she will meet me at the front door this evening with a smile holding a tumbler of whiskey, a cigar and the delicious aroma of meatloaf wafting through the air.  Well.....maybe just a smile and wafting aroma.  :)

Will provide both our reviews later.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2018 at 9:25 PM, WP22 said:

Diner tonight was fresh green beans a la Lidia Bastianich with  lemon baked salmon.

And  then....

On 8/12/2018 at 9:25 PM, WP22 said:

I still maintain that anybody that mixes in fruit with their food is committing a atrocity

This does not compute.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

So, whipped up a little something last night.  We had some left overs which had to be eaten first so cooked the meatloaf about 75% last night.  

Wife will be putting in oven to finish cooking it this evening and she will meet me at the front door this evening with a smile holding a tumbler of whiskey, a cigar and the delicious aroma of meatloaf wafting through the air.  Well.....maybe just a smile and wafting aroma.  :)

Will provide both our reviews later.

And den?

4 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

That was good.  I've never had meatloaf that almost melts in your mouth!  

If you're saying that in a vain, misguided attempt to finally put an end to this thread... I think you have seriously underestimated his Pineapple Fever.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

That was good.  I've never had meatloaf that almost melts in your mouth!  

:B:): told ya guys...

Jus sayen

4 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

If you're saying that in a vain, misguided attempt to finally put an end to this thread... I think you have seriously underestimated his Pineapple Fever.

Unlike this post

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

What’s lasted longer?  This thread or Zeke’s leftovers?

4 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

Seriously.  I ate ...it...  Had a tummy ache ....

Aha! See it was that the fruit with meat that did it.

See, Zeke your meatloaf almost poisoned this guy.

Let this be a warning for the rest of you.

• Like 2