Sniper

So I Bought My Wife Her First Carbine

Just trying to be a nice husband. I've tried to get her to come to the range, but she said no way, enjoy your hobby by yourself.

OK, so to try and get her interested with something not as lethal as a firearm, I bought her a crossbow, as a "starter" present. Nope, she's not interested... not even a thank you for thinking about her...

So, now I went and bought her first "Assault" carbine, thinking this might stir up her interest... Her response, "I think I need to take you for a CT scan of your brain"...

How's that for gratitude??

Here's what I bought her...  (she always complains about the flies outside during a barbecue).

Nice, isn't it?

assault.jpg

• Like 4

Maybe she doesnt want to have guns as a hobby. Why note leave a nice note saying get dressed be ready by 7 then take her out woo the shit outta her then have someone put rose pedals on the bed and a trail leading to the front door she will see it follow it and BAM thats where you have her Decked out Carbine laying in a bed of rose pedals!

How can a girl say no then?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

Have her shoot with @Mrs. Peeland maybe @Mrs.Zeke. Ladies shooting with ladies tends to crush the stigma 

Or that! That works, too. :D

Of course, before you go down either of these paths, you might want to sit down and have a beer with Zeke. He can prep you for the nagging self-doubts that set in once the wife that you eagerly wooed into the shooting sports... is now not only blowing through more ammo than you, but often outshooting you, too! Double-ouch.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Or that! That works, too. :D

Of course, before you go down either of these paths, you might want to sit down and have a beer with Zeke. He can prep you for the nagging self-doubts that set in once the wife that you eagerly wooed into the shooting sports... is now not only blowing through more ammo than you, but often outshooting you, too! Double-ouch.

I taught her everything Everything  she knows.period

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I taught her everything Everything  she knows.period

But did you teach her everything YOU know?

From what I see, most likely you did, and she's still kicking your arse on the range.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Voyager - for the love of god, listen to @lilred121986 - he is a clearly a man who understands the underlying strategy of wooing - you've been doing it all wrong! :p

I’m not the one proposing to let someone else sneak into our house while we are out and leave flower pedals for my wife. Should I offer them my WiFi password for the nannycam too?

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

I’m not the one proposing to let someone else sneak into our house while we are out and leave flower pedals for my wife. Should I offer them my WiFi password for the nannycam too?

You’re nanny cam has a password? 1234?

1 hour ago, lilred121986 said:

Laying in a bed of rose pedals!

She'd rather have that trail of roses lead to a pile of diamonds and jewelry.

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

pony up Cinderella! Buy her a real carbine!

Baby steps...

1 hour ago, lilred121986 said:

Maybe she doesnt want to have guns as a hobby.

Exactly..

Her hobby starts with her Kohl's, Target, Chico's, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Macy's credit cards..

1 hour ago, TokenEntry said:

Have you considered enrolling her in some self defense classes? I'm sure she will come to realize that if there ever was a physical threat that a firearm would be the best option.

She has zero interest, she says that's what I'm here for... Apparently I'm the disposable one and first line of defense...

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

He can prep you for the nagging self-doubts that set in once the wife that you eagerly wooed into the shooting sports... is now not only blowing through more ammo than you, but often outshooting you, too! Double-ouch.

Now, that makes the most sense of all, it could really create a monster... hmmmm.....

On second thought, "Hey honey, the new Kohl's flyer just arrived...."

• Like 2

On 8/13/2018 at 7:06 PM, Sniper22 said:

Just trying to be a nice husband. I've tried to get her to come to the range, but she said no way, enjoy your hobby by yourself.

OK, so to try and get her interested with something not as lethal as a firearm, I bought her a crossbow, as a "starter" present. Nope, she's not interested... not even a thank you for thinking about her...

So, now I went and bought her first "Assault" carbine, thinking this might stir up her interest... Her response, "I think I need to take you for a CT scan of your brain"...

How's that for gratitude??

Here's what I bought her...  (she always complains about the flies outside during a barbecue).

Nice, isn't it?

assault.jpg

Is that NJ compliant? The muzzle break looks sketchy and i think Nj has a 400 grains of salt mag limit ; )

• Like 1