Sign in to follow this  
Golf battery

Ccw nc

So ive been down here in nc for the last few days.   Dropping my daughter off at college. First year.  Elon university.  We stayed a few days at carolina beach.  Marriott on the ocean with a balcony.  Thank you to my wifes cousin jay for employee discount.  Anyway.  Its nice to see people open carry when were out and about at night.  At first the wife was like wtf.  But then she realised after a talking to about the difference of the NE and the rest of the states.  I have my nh ccw so i ccw’d my vp9.   In nc you can open carry with no permit.  Res or non res i was told.  I talked to 2 guys open carrying.  Advised them (they weren’t from nc).  Get your nh ccw permit so not to open carry.  I dont think open carry is a beneficial thing.  So yeah.  Freedom is what it is down here.  Got with a realator.  45 acres.  35 acres currently in silage production. 1900 sq ft cape cod type house built in 2001.  9 trailer home rentals on the property.  Income of +-3k a month.  1acre pond with pond house and dock.  335k.  Property taxes.  1591$ a year.  I liked it but i want more towards 80-100 acres.  So were still looking.  I have 5 years  before my second one is off to college.   Its a no brainer.  There a shit ton off restaurants down here and every store you could imagine.  My retirement is getting closer.  

• Like 4

We almost relocated to NC about 10 years ago. Wife has the degrees. Lol.  It didn't work out but we visited some great areas. Great value on houses and property but schools lacked and finding work for me may have been an issue. It was in the country. Lol. Think it was Asheboro or Asheville. Bible country. Lol. Town was dead quiet on a Saturday night. Maybe it was a dry county. Not sure. 

Regardless... GB, best of luck in your search. Get some land so you can stretch some rounds.  I'll come down in the fall and fill your freezer with venison. Lol. 

Congrats on your daughters success/path. 

Nick

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Golf battery said:

So ive been down here in nc for the last few days.   Dropping my daughter off at college. First year.  Elon university.  We stayed a few days at carolina beach.  Marriott on the ocean with a balcony.  Thank you to my wifes cousin jay for employee discount.  Anyway.  Its nice to see people open carry when were out and about at night.  At first the wife was like wtf.  But then she realised after a talking to about the difference of the NE and the rest of the states.  I have my nh ccw so i ccw’d my vp9.   In nc you can open carry with no permit.  Res or non res i was told.  I talked to 2 guys open carrying.  Advised them (they weren’t from nc).  Get your nh ccw permit so not to open carry.  I dont think open carry is a beneficial thing.  So yeah.  Freedom is what it is down here.  Got with a realator.  45 acres.  35 acres currently in silage production. 1900 sq ft cape cod type house built in 2001.  9 trailer home rentals on the property.  Income of +-3k a month.  1acre pond with pond house and dock.  335k.  Property taxes.  1591$ a year.  I liked it but i want more towards 80-100 acres.  So were still looking.  I have 5 years  before my second one is off to college.   Its a no brainer.  There a shit ton off restaurants down here and every store you could imagine.  My retirement is getting closer.  

Did your Nieghbor ever move?

3 hours ago, Gunnz said:

I’ve been away on vacation in NC for the last 6 weeks, CCW everyday I go out. 

have only seen one person open carrying.

I was suprised to see open carry.  Thats why I informed them of the ease of getting a nh ccw permit to ccw. It takes away the wow factor from the public.  But.  Thats not what its about anyways

11 hours ago, Golf battery said:

I was suprised to see open carry.  Thats why I informed them of the ease of getting a nh ccw permit to ccw. It takes away the wow factor from the public.  But.  Thats not what its about anyways

Nice part about open carry is that you can “check out” what others are carrying.

guy I saw was carrying a full-size sig 1911 with punisher grips.