GRIZ

Hello from Ocean County

I like shooting at Dix. They have a 50 yd pistol range and a 200 yd rifle range. A KD paintball range, trap houses and a bow range. We shoot everything from water jugs to watermelons.$60/yr and $3/hr/shooter. up to 4 shooters.

That is awesome, 200 yard range. Is the range located in the base or at fort dix, the town? off of 571?

Hello from West Miami,Florida.Although a Floridian since the '50's my sister still lives in Whiting, New Jersey.Several of my cousins run the old family farm which dates to 1846 in Sussex County.

I return every year to visit.So my roots will always be in this lovely state.

I'm saddened by the state of affairs in a place I love.But I really sense a feeling of some optimism now,perhaps fueled by Heller,perhaps the fact folks in Jersey are getting fed up.

This forum can only help.I'm happy to a part of it and commend the people who are getting it off the ground.It's going to be a success.There is a thirst for freedom in New Jersey and eventually our goals will be realized.

You go through Cookstown along the east side of Mcguire and you go into the range area, our range is #14. The nice thing is we are in the middle of the Army ranges as well. There is nothing like hearing 50's and Mk19's shooting along side of you.

I've shot at Fort Dix in the past. I'm retired and have a lot more time now and Central Jersey R&P Club is closer and a lot more accessible. You can shoot from 8-9 am to sundown. I usually shoot during the week and there's hardly anyone there. They have some type of competition every weekend IPSC, steel plate, Cowboy, high power rifle, John C. Garand, etc. You can check out the range facilities by shooting at the matches. Check out their website http://cjrpc.org/

A NJGF get together sounds like a good idea.

A meet and shoot sounds like fun. Fire up the grill and send rounds down range. What more could you want out of a day.

I was originally drawn to Dix because of the cost. Central Jersey and Old Bridge are expensive and required work details or they would charge you more. Als, I work odd hours and can not make the 3 mandatory meetings for membership. Then the competitions every weekend might interfere when I want to shoot. The only thing Dix does is close down the pistol range for Hunters Ed courses sometimes.

I would love to check out the Fort Dix range sometime but all I can get is vague directions? I recently retired and just moved down to Ocean County from north jersey and am not familiar with the local area yet. I am sure it is too much to ask for a GPS address but can someone give directions to somebody that is not from the area. Like from the GSP or Turnpike or address we can get a starting place from? Thanks!

From their website:

From the North:

NJ Turnpike South to exit 7, Bordentown/Ft. Dix. Take Rte. 206 South for 1/4 mile. Turn left onyo Rte. 68 for 5 miles. At County Rte. 537turn left and proceed 4 1/2 miles to a 4-way stop which intersects County rtes. 537 & 528. turn right onto 528. Proceed 1 1/2 miles into New Egypt and turn right at the Wawa. Travel 2 miles into and strait through Cookstown. Stay on this road for 3 miles and Ft. Dix Rod & Gun Club/Range 14 entrance will be on your left.

From th South:

NJ Turnpike North to Exit 7 or Interstate 295 North to Ft. Dix exit. Take Rte. 68 and proceedas described in directions from North.

From the East:

Take Interstate 195 West to exit 16. Proceed onto county Rte. 537 toward Mt. Holly or Burlington Bristol Bridge for about 8 miles to the intersection of county Rte. 537 and 528. Turn left onto Rte. 528 and proceed as described in directions from the North.