Sign in to follow this  
Downtownv

My Dad's a 93 yo B-17 Bomber Pilot, a good share...

Lordy, pls don't post stuff like that! I literally started bawling like a baby. :cray:I guess my eldercare duties are getting to me...sheesh, I'm usually rather stoical... caught me off-guard! ALL YOUR FAULT

Seriously though, thankfully, my 92-year old (disabled vet) dad still gets up at 7 a.m. every morning, showers, weighs in, shaves, dresses, makes his bed, makes his breakfast, walks downstairs, boots up his computer prior to the market opening, etc.  We could be doing a LOT worse, I guess! ;)

That's an Interesting product though. I'll tuck it in the back of my mind. The baby boomers will all be hitting "old age" at the same time - one would hope companies would be getting far better about designing products, housing, etc. designed for the elder market. But, I feel like we as a society are really ill-prepared for the next phase. 

• Like 3

Truly beautiful video  Loved it 

I think we get so emotional is because we know they are the last of the greatest. 

My grandfather passed in 01. He was in WW2.  My dad passed last year. Army reserves in the 60s. 

Not a day that goes by that I don't think of them. I get mad because my boys (13&10)  no longer have a grandpop, a pappy, a poppop. 

CHERISH those moments. CHERISH them. You ain't getting them back. 

Nick

• Like 3

Loved the video, brings you back to reality.

Lost my dad 16 years ago, 1 day before my son was born, talk about mixed emotions. Was naming my son after my dad even before we knew he was sick, It was like a transfer of spirit, the way it happened.

My mom still lives with me, will be 96 soon, has had demenita for about a year, slowly getting worse, at times drives me nuts, but every time she sees me, morning, night, afternoon and gives me a hug and kiss, and says she loves me, it's all worth it. As said above, Cherish them & the times together.

She took care of me when things were rough, now it's my turn. 

Sorry it's so long.

• Like 2