Pizza Bob

My (Hopefully) Triumphant Return

I'll be shooting Mr. Stu's IDPA match this Sunday (8/19) at SCFGPA. This will be my first match since the Somerset match in May.

I broke the thumb of my strong hand in early June and it had to be surgically repaired (I'm now the $54K man - at least that's what it cost). So after months with it being held stably in various contraptions and then some physical therapy - I figure I am at about 97% and anxious to get back to it.

I think the only thing that may cause a bit of pain is pushing the cylinder release forward for reloads - but it's a transient pain, so I should be OK. I'll be happy just to finish DFL - as long as I finish. I'll be shooting my 586-4 Brazil with mouse-fart .38 Spl loads. If all goes well, I'll break out the 625-8 PC (.45 ACP) next week for IDPA at Lower Providence.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 5

Just thought I'd add some closure to this thread.

I shot the match yesterday. I'm happy to report that my thumb is still attached and functioning and I somehow managed not to finish in last place. Being away from competition for three months I did make many neophyte mistakes. I had more procedural errors yesterday than I probably had in the last year. I shot too fast, at the expense of accuracy. Reloads weren't the smoothest, but overall I'm happy I got through it unscathed.

Off to the doctor today for, what I hope, is my final visit. Acid test next Saturday when I break-out the Major PF revolver at Lower Providence IDPA.

Thanks to all the well-wishers - three months is an interminably long time to not shoot.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 2