Sign in to follow this  
Cemeterys Gun Blob

Another Jersey City based Gunnie

Hey Everybody,

Glad to see another Gun Forum in NJ!

From what I've hear, I must be the exception, since it only took 4 weeks to get my FID card in 4 weeks, and follow up handgun permits are turned around within 5 days.

Even though I've been around guns my whole life, I didn't get into shooting till fall 2005.

from what I hear I hope that when I finally have to get one of those to to buy a gun it only take 4 weeks. I'm going to miss my 30 minute background check at the store here in Colorado for sure. Well after Obama was elected it started taking 24 hours to get your background check back. I still remember walking in to buy a new handgun, the store was packed, and when the owner who knows me said he'd cal when the check was done running I said "like 2, 3 hours?" he laughed and said "look around every gunshop in the nation is like this, I'll call you tomorrow!"

the harsh truth is that every gun store is in such shape.

I have met a friend who is a FFL in Mercer county, will have him introduce himself to the forums soon, but as per him, and the 2 other gunstores around here... busier than ever. Suppliers are out of stock on many things.

Ruger just reported recently that their profits and revenue doubled. Makes a good investment.

I really just wish this is not a bubble just like oil, housing or anything else was. Then again... you can use your firearms for self defense. =P

Welcome Cemeterys Gun Blob,

nice to see another JC native here!

I just applied for 2 more pistol permits, they are definitly quick on these in Jersey City, I dis it on wed. so should have it monday. Then Im going to be in trouble... its a much different feeling when you go into guns shops KNOWING you could walk out with whatever you want that day!

The last 2 times buying it has been a decent wait, they say that the gov. of Jersey has cut down their employees to do the background check, and on top of that they are not even calling back, just faxing! So when I go to the Bullet Hole to buy a gun, I pick it out, then go to a local restaurant and slowly eat as I await that call! Its been a taking a hr or two.

I havent seen any shortage on pistols around JC, only rifles... anything cool looking resembling an M4 or AR15 is gone the day it comes in!