jrfly3006

Hornets Nest too close for comfort

Happy to report after several chemical applications and a few hornet dive bombs off the head the problem has been rectified. I confirmed that the chem killed probably 100 of them and caused the rest to vacate. I used a pole pruner and cut the nest down.bagged and in the trash. Thanks to my NJGF brethren for the advice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, jrfly3006 said:

Happy to report after several chemical applications and a few hornet dive bombs off the head the problem has been rectified. I confirmed that the chem killed probably 100 of them and caused the rest to vacate. I used a pole pruner and cut the nest down.bagged and in the trash. Thanks to my NJGF brethren for the advice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If the nest is undamaged and abandoned you can get around $100 for them. Still attached to the branch is best.

Look on eBay. smaller ones sell for less but a nice large nest will easily gross $100. 

I've seen antique stores price them at $200 or more but there you get to haggle the price.

It depends on how natural it looks attached to the branches No damage will also drive up the price.

They are used as decorative pieces in restaurants and homes.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, brucin said:

Look on eBay. smaller ones sell for less but a nice large nest will easily gross $100. 

I've seen antique stores price them at $200 or more but there you get to haggle the price.

Damn... and to think I've been destroying them for the fun of it, I could have been making some lunch money... now you tell me.