cewoz560

New to forum

Hey I'm Chris from Howell Township 40 something old guy got into hunting about 4 years ago. picked up a few toys to play with just trying to keep abreast of the new gun laws.

Lifelong New Jersey resident born in Point Pleasant Hospital before it was torn down for townhouses.

Always looking for good used guns for my 14 year old and 10 year old shotguns break action semi automatics anybody has something laying around they can part with and it's a good price please hit me up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi, Chris! Welcome aboard. Nice to see that you're passing your shooting hobby along to your kids. :D And I'm not surprised that interest in our new laws is one of the things that drove you here. That's a hot topic on these forums... usually across several threads at any given time!

You might want to keep an eye on the Events forum, too... we occasionally hold events where you can meet other forum members and put faces to screen names. One is coming up at the RTSP range (in Randolph NJ) in October that are administrator @67gtonut was nice enough to put together... and we'll probably have another Shotgun Shootout at the Clinton Wildlife Mgmt Area soon enough, too (that's a recurring event that one of our Moderators, @Krdshrk, plans and announces). 

Enjoy the forums! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cewoz560 said:

Hey I'm Chris from Howell Township 40 something old guy got into hunting about 4 years ago. picked up a few toys to play with just trying to keep abreast of the new gun laws.

Lifelong New Jersey resident born in Point Pleasant Hospital before it was torn down for townhouses.

Always looking for good used guns for my 14 year old and 10 year old shotguns break action semi automatics anybody has something laying around they can part with and it's a good price please hit me up.

Welcome. 40 sumtin is young bro, especially here.

Try the meatloaf, it’s good

Thanks for the heads up I am down in Monmouth County so Clinton is pretty far for me. With my kids being in sports my time is really not my own anymore and with my new hunting dog I'm trying to train her up she's only 4 months old.

however I do work in Piscataway area and sometimes I can go right from there to places I need to be... That is if the law will allow me to carry a Shotgun in my work vehicle???

Hi, Chris! Welcome aboard. Nice to see that you're passing your shooting hobby along to your kids. [emoji3] And I'm not surprised that interest in our new laws is one of the things that drove you here. That's a hot topic on these forums... usually across several threads at any given time!
You might want to keep an eye on the Events forum, too... we occasionally hold events where you can meet other forum members and put faces to screen names. One is coming up at the RTSP range (in Randolph NJ) in October that are administrator [mention=1418]67gtonut[/mention] was nice enough to put together... and we'll probably have another Shotgun Shootout at the Clinton Wildlife Mgmt Area soon enough, too (that's a recurring event that one of our Moderators, [mention=2170]Krdshrk[/mention], plans and announces). 
Enjoy the forums! 

On 8/18/2018 at 10:54 AM, cewoz560 said:

Thanks for the heads up I am down in Monmouth County so Clinton is pretty far for me. With my kids being in sports my time is really not my own anymore and with my new hunting dog I'm trying to train her up she's only 4 months old.

however I do work in Piscataway area and sometimes I can go right from there to places I need to be... That is if the law will allow me to carry a Shotgun in my work vehicle???

What breed of hunting dog? I'd recommend getting involved with NAVHDA. It's a great resource for training dogs and meeting other people with hunting dogs. If your looking to get some help with training check out Bob at shore shot kennals in baranaget. He's a top notch breeder and trainer. Welcome to the madness.........err I mean forum

Yes you can keep legally your shotgun in your work vehicle. 

• Like 1

On August 18, 2018 at 10:54 AM, cewoz560 said:

Welcome aboard. 

Sure does, unloaded of course, and with your FPID.

And I've heard about the meatloaf; 0/10 do not recommend.

What breed of hunting dog? I'd recommend getting involved with NAVHDA. It's a great resource for training dogs and meeting other people with hunting dogs. If your looking to get some help with training check out Bob at shore shot kennals in baranaget. He's a top notch breeder and trainer. Welcome to the madness.........err I mean forum
Yes you can keep legally your shotgun in your work vehicle. 
Thanks I've got a Deutsch Drahthaar... German shorthair. Do lots with our club at Colliers Mills thought about navhda lots of training opps.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, cewoz560 said:

Thanks I've got a Deutsch Drahthaar... German shorthair. Do lots with our club at Colliers Mills thought about navhda lots of training opps.

Definatly get into NAVHDA the south Jersey chapter trains at collier's mills and Bob at shore shot is heavily involved with NAVHDA ( Treasurer I think) and he breeds GSH. This is my buddy dog who he got from Bob and trained with Bob and NAVHDA 

20171118_072612.jpg

Cewoz, welcome, glad to have you here as a member.  Assuming you already have your NJ hunting permit, have your brought your sons to the rifle range at Collier Mills to shoot.? (Shotgun and rimfire allowed).  I bring my grandson there on occasion. Wonderful days.

I have been to Colliers Mills shotgun range my boys are not really into it though. I primarily bow hunt deer, sat looking for turkeys a couple of times need to get into pheasant and waterfowl this year.

I usually hunt the Monmouth County parks, Colliers Mills and Turkey Swamp.

• Like 1