antimatter

Howard Stern talked about National Reciprocity today

I am a Huge Howard fan, and while he generally skirts political issues he always eluded to being pro-gun.   Of course it’s not a political show so its always quick and in passing. 

But today he gave about a 5-10 minute in favor of national reciprocity and why we need it and why the second amendment is so important.  this made me very happy as we can agree that there are millions and millions of listeners weather you like him or not.  If you are a serious/xm subscriber, you can hear it on the replay app.   I can only think that this will make some people go "huh, never thought about it like that.  I can only guess that this will be used in our favor from different media outlets.   

hopefully it helps!

• Like 9

I despise Howard Stern, for the way he got himself known.  He humiliated his wife.  A lot of people listened  to his show because he was vulgar. No scruples.  I only listened to his talk   involuntarily at constructions sites.  To each his own.  Im glad that he, having a large audience, is pro Second Amendment.  

8 minutes ago, Peter Goldwing said:

I despise Howard Stern, for the way he got himself known.  He humiliated his wife.  A lot of people listened  to his show because he was vulgar. No scruples.  I only listened to his talk   involuntarily at constructions sites.  To each his own.  Im glad that he, having a large audience, is pro Second Amendment.  

Ha! That was exactly my reaction. Can't STAND the man personally. But, he undeniably has a large audience... so if he reaches them with a pro-2a msg, then... great! 

• Like 1

My friend wants to know if this the wrong threat to come out as a Stern fan though he hasn't listen to him for a long time?

My friend used to listen to him when he broadcasted over the public airways. He stopped when he went to satellite and the show went down hill. Very unfunny. Sad, so sad.

My friend says Stern was always sort of pro 2A, have a CC and talked about his gun.

It's nice to see him coming out full tilt.

2 hours ago, antimatter said:

I am a Huge Howard fan, and while he generally skirts political issues he always eluded to being pro-gun.   Of course it’s not a political show so its always quick and in passing. 

But today he gave about a 5-10 minute in favor of national reciprocity and why we need it and why the second amendment is so important.  this made me very happy as we can agree that there are millions and millions of listeners weather you like him or not.  If you are a serious/xm subscriber, you can hear it on the replay app.   I can only think that this will make some people go "huh, never thought about it like that.  I can only guess that this will be used in our favor from different media outlets.   

hopefully it helps!

When you say your a huge Stern, Do you mean your overweight :yahoo: 

I listened to him almost 30 years ago and thought he was funny.  I'm older and more mature and don't enjoy a good fart joke or naked girl joke as much as I used too.  He's not nearly as funny anymore. 

I may listen to him a couple of times a year if I happen to be traveling in my wife's car - she has satellite radio.  The few times I've listened, it's always been a couple of stupid guys yelling at each other.  The show was never high brow but it seems to have devolved into Jerry Springer now.  Stern was witty when he had a couple of full time writers in the studio passing him jokes on paper.  Less so now.

But, he has always seemed to be pro 2A, although it's not a big part of his show at all. I've heard him talk about it a few times.

• Like 1

Was never a really big fan, listened when he was on the radio, stoped when he moved to Sirius. I remember he had a late night show on Friday it Saturday that I watched occasionally. Think what you want about him but he found a nitch and built himself a hugh following and made millions. As far as a businessman he did very well for himself.

With millions of followers I'm glad he's on our side.

• Like 1

I loved stern when he was on the radio. I bought a Sirius radio for the switch. But once he went to satellite he lost his “enemy”. It may sound dumb but skirting around the sensors helped make him who he is. I still listen here and there but not like I use to

But glad he backed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

he claims to be "Independent and pro 2a, as well as a small penis.

So how can you have that criteria and Vote for The Kenyon TWICE and the Hag as well?

HE BECAME AN "A" LISTER LOVES THE HOLLYWOOD SET GREW UP UNDER VERY LIBERAL JEWISH PARENTS form LON'GISLAND!.

And claims he loves President Trump, just not as the President!

So if it looks like a duck and acts like a duck.... It's a Duck!

He walks the center line on the turnpike to keep his audience but he clearly belongs in the LEFT hand lane.

He's entertainment, nothing more.

7 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

he claims to be "Independent and pro 2a, as well as a small penis.

So how can you have that criteria and Vote for The Kenyon TWICE and the Hag as well?

HE BECAME AN "A" LISTER LOVES THE HOLLYWOOD SET GREW UP UNDER VERY LIBERAL JEWISH PARENTS form LON'GISLAND!.

And claims he loves President Trump, just not as the President!

So if it looks like a duck and acts like a duck.... It's a Duck!

He walks the center line on the turnpike to keep his audience but he clearly belongs in the LEFT hand lane.

He's entertainment, nothing more.

Yet he’s pro national reciprocity.. sometimes you jus take the win, and be gracious.

• Like 4

Him and Trump go way, way back. They are friends and used to hangout together.

I'll say something about Stern, he claims when Trump was campaigning the low lifes  of the media came a calling for incriminating or less then flattering Trump tapes since he went on his show many times. 

He wouldn't do it for a couple reasons. They were friends and providing them with tapes would violate,  not only Trump's trust, but also the trust off all the past and future guests of the show. Of course he couldn't stop the slugs from canvassing whatever tapes were out there already. And they did and that's when the "Trump would date his own daughter " hair on fire outrage of du jour came from.

I thought it was pretty classy of Stern.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Shawnmoore81 said:

I loved stern when he was on the radio. I bought a Sirius radio for the switch. But once he went to satellite he lost his “enemy”. It may sound dumb but skirting around the sensors helped make him who he is. I still listen here and there but not like I use to

This^

The FCC doesn't know what to do with themselves since he went to SAT radio.I remember when he did the Pay per View special like 28 -29 years ago and came out and said something *like* "Welcome from Newark NJ, the biggest shit hole in the world". He got all kinds of blow back from that one LOL.

He does have some good ideas once in a while, I remember one show again on regular FM radio when he was complaining about construction and traffic and said why don't they just do some of the stuff at night? well fast forward 20 years lately and many road resurfacing jobs are now done at night so someone got the message. I've got Sirius and mostly just listen to Smooth Jazz and occasionally the  50's to 70's channels, that about it unless I need traffic & weather while traveling. But yea, good to hear he's still Pro 2A

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Shawnmoore81 said:

But glad he backed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is absolutely correct.

Also, when Jackie Martlin was on the show, and as another poster uptread said, they use to have writing sessions. They would come up with bits, song parodies, the works.

After he left and Artie Lang came about the show lost all that and stopped being funny; the show lost it's structure. Artie, may be a funny stand up comedian --I wouldn't know--, but he didn't add much to the show.

I think it was a combination of the two events that, at least for me, made me walk away from it.

Used to listen religiously from the middle 80's until his transformation into hollywood Howie. He became everything he would rip apart.

His recent comments in favor of the Alex Jones banning on social media cemented the fact that he is a douche.

Regardless I appreciate his support of the 2nd.

• Like 2

I enjoy Howard stern and was on the show in 99. I was one of the guys who laid out  cash to get Baba Booey to play the apology tape.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rob0115 said:

I enjoy Howard stern and was on the show in 99. I was one of the guys who laid out  cash to get Baba Booey to play the apology tape.  

You are the hero we deserve. That was a gosh awful tape.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ronhonda said:

Used to listen religiously from the middle 80's until his transformation into hollywood Howie. He became everything he would rip apart.

His recent comments in favor of the Alex Jones banning on social media cemented the fact that he is a douche.

Regardless I appreciate his support of the 2nd.

What Ronald said, to a tee.  

On 8/20/2018 at 1:02 PM, Peter Goldwing said:

That is a persona to make money.  He is not that way in real life and adores his wife.  The two of them are (were) customers of a travel agency my mom worked at for many years and in real life are very different people.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 7:29 AM, Howard said:

That is a persona to make money.  He is not that way in real life and adores his wife.  The two of them are (were) customers of a travel agency my mom worked at for many years and in real life are very different people.

Off topic but Howard you’re not in Morris County, NJ any longer.  Update the profile.  

• Like 1

Off topic but Howard you’re not in Morris County, NJ any longer.  Update the profile.  

Yea maybe I’ll get around to that. My wife has been commuting to NJ/NY one day a week. She even went and had drinks for an hour or so at our Old Home with the nice people that bought it. So when are we going to get together in my new location :)