siderman

Pocket holsters for Rugers

As it seems I'll be spending more time visiting Florida over the next yr or two I'll be ccw'ng more than the occasional trip now. For my own reasons its all pocket carry and not happy with the stock holster for the lcpII been using and just picked up the bigger lc9s and will be looking to pocket holster that too. Lets assume both will be sporting CT lasers soon so that will affect fit. Anyone with hands on time with pocket holsters for these one or two guns? I know cargo shorts and jeans may differ in fitment issues but generally speaking whats your thoughts?

I have a LC9S, and I've tried just dropping into a cargo pocket on my pants. That seems to work OK, but since I'm in the Communist state of NJ, I haven't tried walking around town with it in that pocket.

Would that be an option for you?

They don’t do one for the LCP II in the setup I use...

https://recluseholster.com/ruger/page-1

I carry my LCP in the back pocket, like this.

uCFAP2u.jpg

00ep3R9.jpg

With Magguts in the magazines, that gives me 15 rounds of .380 in one back pocket (drove back and forth to Florida multiple times with it, where legal). Very hard to come close to that.

In regards to cargo pocket carry... it really comes down to finding the right holster/pants. For the LCP (and I believe the LCP II) look into the DeSantis Nemesis (model M52). I usually tend to carry something slightly larger in cargo pockets (SIG P938... do have one for my Glock 30S, but haven’t tried it).

For my G43 I use a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. I felt it’s borderline big for pocket carry, mostly due to weight when loaded it will sway in the cargo shorts pocket, which is why my goto carry is the Ruger lcp2 using its included pocket holster. I picked up a crossbreed supertuk for the g43 which is very nice.

• Like 1

Does the Desantis Nemisis have a belt clip, I only can see one side of it, or is it just a sleeve type holster to cover the trigger area? I To me, it looks like if you pull the gun from your pocket, you'll need to grab the holster with the other hand to pull it off.

Does the Desantis Nemisis have a belt clip, I only can see one side of it, or is it just a sleeve type holster to cover the trigger area? I To me, it looks like if you pull the gun from your pocket, you'll need to grab the holster with the other hand to pull it off.

Nope... other side is flat, as well. If you browse Amazon, some listings have both images.

The outside of the holster is sort of sticky, which is supposed to both keep it from moving in the pocket and keep it in the pocket during the draw. Like other pocket holsters with the hook to catch the edge of the pocket, the end with the magazine works similarly.

Retention of the holster is enough to keep the gun from falling out (think more due to length of the gun inside), but it isn’t to the point where it is stuck on the gun when you draw.

Only carried it a few times (if I’m putting a gun into a cargo pocket, usually bigger than the LCP), but between that and practicing, never had any issues like you ask about. If you do try it out and have the holster pull out with an empty gun/magazine... try to find some weighted dummy rounds to make it more realistic (spare magazine should help anchor the holster in the pocket).