JC_68Westy

Any N-SSA Shooters?

I live within an hour of Ft Shenandoah and heard bout the North-South Shooting Association (N-SSA) from a guy at a gun shop.  It seems very interesting to me.  They shoot civil war era guns, reproductions are allowed if on the approved list.  I was wondering if anyone on the forum has any experience or insight into this type of shooting.  I will be going to watch a match this weekend.  It looks huge and there are teams from all over that attend.

I started looking at the approved list of guns and have no real clue about what to buy.  Any insight is greatly appreciated.

This could be fun outing, You should have some fundamentals from history class. I think if you go online and search you should be able to find a lot of info. someone on the forums does the reenacting of civil war era maybe if still on the forums he can chime in. I forget who it was but maybe search this forum for it.

Jim read through there website,  http://www.n-ssa.org/join-a-team  if you have the time this could be a lot of fun. I am thinking replica Musket with flint lock. your bit younger than me but in 6th grade they use to do a reenactment in the assembly room and they would actually shoot a musket off on stage with cotton ball. Those were the days school would actually bring in live weapon and shoot it off on stage.