Ray Ray

Freedom Munitions, FAIL

As some of you may know, Freedom Munitions has filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy.   Part of the problem is that anyone who had a brass credit on their account has lost all their money.  I am waiting on a letter from a lawyer who is working for the company to settle this issue.  I have been waiting for 2 months now.  

I do not think I will be dealing with this company any longer.

• Like 1

my last buy from them was 2 years ago to the day.

I'm not planning on giving them any more of my money ever.

their prices got crappy, their service just as bad. their quality tanked around then too.

good luck getting anything out of them.

2 hours ago, sota said:

their quality tanked around then too.

Interesting, that was my experience too. A few years earlier, no problems, then tons of jambs and stovepipes, to the point, the boxes just became paperweights (this was with 9mm). I got tired of the issues. This was with New, not Reman. Stopped ordering from them.

6 minutes ago, Zack said:

I too had been using freedom but I've been looking at www.targetsportsusa.com for my next order.  The prices seem OK and the ship bulk orders free.

Anyone have any experience with them?

targetsportsusa is great .. i use them all the time.   Good prices.   I also have their "Ammo Prime" membership.   Even cheaper prices, and free shipping on everything, even if I only buy a single 50 round box of ammo.

Orders wont ship overnight, usually takes a extra day to leave the warehouse.  i typically get my ammo about 4 days after I order it, depending on the day I order it.

As long as gov dipshit doesn't kill our ability to internet order ammo, I will continue to use them

Back in 2015 I still have some 9 reman that is fine, and last year new 380 and 357mag all fine from the Black Friday sales. Didn’t use it all yet but no problems after a few boxes of each. I do believe the reports of people having issues, which is why I only bought in small amounts during great sales for plinking 

2 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Completely saw this coming.  After the debacle with USAAmmo, which turned into FM... I said NOPE right away... warned people to stay away, but no they don't listen.

Wait, the same company that sold ammo out of Dick's Sporting Goods?  That shitty reloaded crap?

No that's Ultramax, which is still around.  USAAmmo was online selling ammo and doing brass stuff just like FM - they had a deal of the day or something where they sold way too much then turned out some really shitty product that came in under minimum PF for USPSA and was keyholing for users here.  They shut down and FM was spun up using the same equipment.

The main thing for me is now FM's prices are above TSUSA even before shipping. Since the bottom fell out of the ammo market they have not been competitive. And cancelling the brass return program was the last straw.

Their ammo always worked well for us. We must have gone through at least 15K rounds between us. But now we're just using up the existing stock and then that's it.

I know ammo is expensive.. but I think about it like this.. 

take 5.56 I pay like .35 a round sometimes a little less when I buy bulk on a sale.. 
if "cheap" ammo is like .30 a round.. thats like $1.50 more per mag.. but then you also have to figure in every one of those .30 rounds that fails for some reason.. reducing  the savings.. and obviously the aggravation factor..  

so I just suck it up and buy good ammo that I know will function 100% of the time, and is consistent and accurate.. pay a little more for it and just consider it the cost of shooting.. 

as stated... if they are in C11 it is very unlikely that you will see a dime.. 

• Like 2

There's also the fact that "cheap" ammo is usually down loaded so they can save money, which means velocity accuracy issues.  I've definitely noticed this with the rest of the FM stuff I have here.  Too bad too, as I always wanted to order a whole pallet. :D

2 hours ago, vladtepes said:

so I just suck it up and buy good ammo that I know will function 100% of the time, and is consistent and accurate.. pay a little more for it and just consider it the cost of shooting.. 

Yep..

I feel the same way. Every time I've tried to take advantage of a sale, or grabbed a lower quality brand of ammo, because it looked like a deal, it's come back to bite me with issues.

Only thing I ever bought from them was some .357 sig ammo. It was weak and noticeably underpowered compared to Winchester white box.

Where do most people order their ammo online from?

7 minutes ago, Gunnz said:

Only thing I ever bought from them was some .357 sig ammo. It was weak and noticeably underpowered compared to Winchester white box.

Where do most people order their ammo online from?

sgammo or Target Sports, as mentioned above.

Been a few good deals with rebates and such now that demand has dropped. Got IMI and federal ammo for a bit less than cheapo wolf and such. Ended up buying a ton and now im selling some off but it is what it is lol. I think i ordered from midwayusa cuz they were cheaper than sgammo for that stuff. Otherwise sgammo was usually cheaper (last time i bought from them was over a yr ago though i think, so shop around using ammoseek).

3 hours ago, Gunnz said:

Funny, that is the exact ammo I had in my cart before they jerked me.

On 8/23/2018 at 8:43 AM, Zack said:

I too had been using freedom but I've been looking at www.targetsportsusa.com for my next order.  The prices seem OK and the ship bulk orders free.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Dont know if it has been answered already, but I have ordered from them, prices were good for buying in bulk for free shipping.  But be prepared for slow shipping and lame excuses on why its being slow.  I prefer to use WBarmory, natchezss, or SGammo

11 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Funny, that is the exact ammo I had in my cart before they jerked me.

Just an FYI, i got 1.50/lb for casings at the scrap yard. FM paid that or less and you lose like 25% just on shipping. Save up bulk and then just run it to a scrap yard.

12 hours ago, Lambo2936 said:

Just an FYI, i got 1.50/lb for casings at the scrap yard. FM paid that or less and you lose like 25% just on shipping. Save up bulk and then just run it to a scrap yard.

True, or trade it here to reloaders.

I had a horrible customer service experience with freedom munitions a few years ago, never gave them my business again. They took three weeks to ship an order when it said everything was in stock, and in the meantime had a sale on the same items I purchased and wouldn't extend the sale prices to me, even as a store credit. Horrible way to treat a multiple time return customer. It's never good to see a 2A business go, but you treat your customers this way and it's bound to happen. 

On the other hand target sport usa has never disappointed in pricing or turnaround time. I tried to contact them via email about the details of the membership program, like it says to do on their site, and never got a response. 

13 hours ago, sota said:

thought about getting in on the target sport usa membership program, but I'm not shooting enough currently to make it worth while.

3 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

True, or trade it here to reloaders.

I tried offering it here a while back and had trouble even getting scrap price for it since some FM reman was mixed in (cant blame people). If you have guaranteed clean once fired brass then yeah that works.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lambo2936 said:

I tried offering it here a while back and had trouble even getting scrap price for it since some FM reman was mixed in (cant blame people). If you have guaranteed clean once fired brass then yeah that works.

Yeah, I still hang on to all my brass.  Even if it's just to give away to a friend.