Ray Ray

Freedom Munitions, FAIL

1 hour ago, sota said:

I got me a big bucket about 2/3 full so far.

A 5 gallon bucket, filled to the top with spent casings, will roughly get you 80 to 90 bucks in cash at s scrap yard depending on the day, the scrap yard and the economy. 

On 8/23/2018 at 8:43 AM, Zack said:

I too had been using freedom but I've been looking at www.targetsportsusa.com for my next order.  The prices seem OK and the ship bulk orders free.

Anyone have any experience with them?

I thought that I'd update this since I'd decided to order from TS.  I ordered a case of 9mm from them on Monday that was about $.02 per round cheaper than what FM was showing on their web site + the free shipping (FM showed all 9mm out of stock on their website when I checked).  FedEx is delivering the ammo today (Thursday).

Hard to beat that kind of service especially since FM would've taken about 2 weeks plus the cost of delivery.

• Like 1

Bumping an older thread for an update.  I finished off the rest of the Freedom Munitions 9mm I had in stock.  It is sub standard ammunition at best.  Glad that I have no more and I will never buy it again.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Bumping an older thread for an update.  I finished off the rest of the Freedom Munitions 9mm I had in stock.  It is sub standard ammunition at best.  Glad that I have no more and I will never buy it again.

New or reman?

I have a bunch I bought years ago that was new, and as time went on, had issues with it. Glad I'm not the only one with that bad experience.

3 minutes ago, Sniper said:

New or reman?

I have a bunch I bought years ago that was new, and as time went on, had issues with it. Glad I'm not the only one with that bad experience.

I had some 135 grain new and 124 grain new, I never bought any remanufactured stuff from them.  

How much cheaper was this stuff per box?

Personally, I would have issues buying reloads, especially since you have no clue what powder/bullets they use, or where exactly their brass came from.  Shooting 9mm brass that came out of a race gun which was shooting 9mm Major would be a bad idea.

With the price of factory ammo so damn cheap now, there is almost no reason to buy these.

Either buy factory or reload your own. (or friends)

Yes, the prices of factory ammo are still way low, FM is not what they used to be, and I can't speak to their quality control because the newest rounds I have from them (that we're still shooting) are about two years old. They work fine.

One note for you: I took all my spent brass to the scrap yard and got the same price per pound that i got from FM. Except there was no shipping cost. So that's my plan from here on.

I have new and old from them in 5.56, .223, and 9mm. No problems to date with anything, but when I was converting my 9mm mags down to 10 I opened a box of the 9mm to make sure I couldn't fit more than 10 in the magazine. When I opened a new box of the 9mm which I hadn't looked at when I purchased it, I first thought they slipped some .380 in the box by mistake. At least 5 out of the 50 rounds were pushed in the shell too deep and were noticeably shorter in length.

I had stopped buying from them as their shipping took way too long. The price used to be good, but I don't find it a bargain anymore.

15 hours ago, Maksim said:

How much cheaper was this stuff per box?

Right after the Sandy Hook shooting happened, and it became tough to find ammo, they were cheaper and in stock. Now, since many manufacturers caught up, that's not a benefit anymore. Plus, their quality seems to have dropped off.

On 2/17/2019 at 5:52 PM, Sniper said:

Right after the Sandy Hook shooting happened, and it became tough to find ammo, they were cheaper and in stock. Now, since many manufacturers caught up, that's not a benefit anymore. Plus, their quality seems to have dropped off.

Yup, I had a few bobbles with their 9mm and 40S&W loads.

Also @Maksim, I never shoot reloads.