Sign in to follow this  
revenger

Murphy/Grewel to Attack CarryGuard (merged w/"Murder Insurance" thread)

Not sure how to link it using my ipad.  However, if you go to nj.com and scroll down, you will see it. 

It is entitled “Murphy investigating NRA-branded firearm insurance that critics call ‘murder’ coverage.”

F nj.com.

Makes perfect sense in their warped view of the world to attack insurance purchased by legal gun owners to stop criminal gun behavior.  It is equivalent to passing a law that hybrid cars double their gas mileage because 18 wheel trucks use too much fuel.

• Like 1

Carry guard has special policies for NJ residents. It protects you during transportation, at your house and other instances. You still see people go through hell over guns that they weren’t carrying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I wonder what the implications of this are for other similar plans such as US Law Shield (which I have) and USCCA. 

As an aside,  I believe US Law Shield’s coverage is also special for NJ in that it also covers Transportation issues. Btw, although not a policy holder,  I do subscribe to USCCA’s “Concealed Carry” magazine. Excellent high quality publication. 

-------------  I wish I had the balls and cash to start my own company -----------

All the NRA has to do and others - is self insure - even if the premiums are higher.........  stop using the corporate flunkies that are getting squeezed...........

Wow.   It’s bad enough they don’t want you to have the right to self defense.  Now, they don’t even want you to have insurance and legal protection.

https://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/08/murphy_investigating_nra-sponsored_firearm_insuran.html

Murphy investigating NRA-branded firearm insurance that critics call 'murder' coverage

Updated 8:06 PM; Posted 8:03 PM

New Jersey is investigating a National Rifle Association-branded firearms insurance product sold in the state, which gun control advocates have derisively called "murder insurance," the state Department of Banking and Insurance announced Tuesday night.

Insurance regulators are examining the business practices of Lockton Affinity, LLC of Kansas "for potential violations related to the marketing and sale of NRA-sponsored insurance under the Carry Guard Program, Banking and Insurance Commissioner Marlene Caride said in a statement.

The NRA is not licensed to sell insurance in New Jersey, Caride's statement said.

A spokesman for Lockton could not be reached for comment.

The department is also examining Chicago-based Illinois Union, a member of the Chubb group, "for potential violations in its role as the underwriter of the insurance product," Caride's statement said.

In May, New York fined Lockton $7 million for unlawfully selling the liability coverage to 680 gun owners facing criminal charges involving their guns, according to a Bloomberg report.

On Aug. 6, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo wrote a letter to other governors alerting them to the insurance product and offering assistance on how to investigate the companies involved.

https://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/08/murphy_investigating_nra-sponsored_firearm_insuran.html

"Maria T. Vullo, New York’s Financial Services Superintendent, said in a news release Wednesday that the investigation concluded that Carry Guard unlawfully provides liability insurance to gun owners for certain acts of intentional wrongdoing. New York state law prohibits that."

Sixth Ammendment

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

It is clear that NY state law has determined your acts are intentional and wrong prior to any convictions, and that you do not have the equal rights to council. 

I wonder what made them make these bold statements, when every court system operates on "innocent until proven guilty", and "you have a right to an attorney".

These statements assume a level of guilt, and deny a person of council.

3 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

"Maria T. Vullo, New York’s Financial Services Superintendent, said in a news release Wednesday that the investigation concluded that Carry Guard unlawfully provides liability insurance to gun owners for certain acts of intentional wrongdoing. New York state law prohibits that."

Sixth Ammendment

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

It is clear that NY state law has determined your acts are intentional and wrong prior to any convictions, and that you do not have the equal rights to council. 

I wonder what made them make these bold statements, when every court system operates on "innocent until proven guilty", and "you have a right to an attorney".

These statements assume a level of guilt, and deny a person of council.

Are any 2A groups fighting this based on those statements