Sign in to follow this  
Mrs. Peel

Interesting Comparisons Between US & Britain Self-Defense Law

THIS IS NOT THE 1A LOUNGE! So, please self-censor and keep your comments appropriate for this public-facing forum - we have many guests who read "NJGF" and I think it's nice if they, too, can see articles of interest.

This article goes into some detail of what's happening in Britain right now... in terms of crime and particularly a recent spate of knife crime. Sheesh... I had only a hint up until now about just how ridiculous things were getting over there. I mean, I was aware of the growing restrictions on kitchen knives, etc. - but even a woman protecting herself from a rapist with a "hatpin" could be seen as a criminal act - because the hatpin could be considered an "offensive weapon". So, they started with gun control... and oh what a slippery slope it's been!

The article shows you what's different in their system compared to ours (they have no 2A equivalent)… but it also shows that they're promoted some of the same DUMB, FAILED ideas that get promoted here (blaming the tool instead of the perpetrator, ignoring the influence of gang activity, etc.) They are really making the ability to defend oneself a non-existent thing over there!  I think there's a lot of parallels to some of the ideas we see coming out of our own anti-2A gun control groups. So, if you want to see what the future would look like without the 2A, I think this articles gives you a pretty good picture: 

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/08/britain-failed-weapons-control-laws-curb-self-defense-rights/