Tom609

I'll open with a Garand

I took off from work today thinking that it was going to be sunny and 70. It never worked out that way, but it was a good day at the range nonetheless. I took the H&R Garand and my 1917 Eddystone and had a great time. The M1 is my favorite, and I've been very surprised at the accuracy of the 1917. It's been a long winter and I'm looking forward to getting out more.

BTW, I started the day by dropping off the paperwork at my friendly neighborhood PD for 3 handgun permits. I actually only wanted to get one good .22 target pistol, but with the hassle involved, I figured I might as well make it worth my while and get the three at the same time. The law actually encouraged me to get more than I really wanted. :mrgreen:

Very nice wood! One of these days I'm going to have to figure out how to post pics...after I take some pics. Mine's one of the last made in Aug of 56. It's a HRA, but most parts are S'field. The barrel is like new. Don't forget to order more ammo from CMP. I think the stockpile is going faster than predicted. I've been waiting since 12/19 for my last order which should arrive any day, I hope.

My best shooting Garand is a Field grade I picked up at the CMP North store. It's a real mix of parts 1942 receiver, VAR barrel that measures a 2 at each end, Beretta oprod, and just about every manufacturer represnted in all the other parts. The wood is all walnut that cleaned up pretty good and it shoots 1 1/2" at 100 yd with Greek HXP (that is if I do my part).