vladtepes

Best 308 AR Ammo?

So I normally just shoot standard Federal 308 FMJ ammo I think it is like XM80 or something like that.. its not right in front of me.. 7.62x51.. and its fine.. no complaints.. 

Just for fun.. what is some "premium" ammo I could run through a 308 AR.. I used to shoot a lot of Hornady TAP and that was good.. 

I guess what I am asking is 16in 308 AR.. if you could run any ammo through it what would you run? I am not in a position to reload 308 (yet)

Without owning any .308s, I would immediately reply FGMM as well, even without knowing distance you are shooting at and twist rate.

I would hazard a guess that even the "wrong" FGMM weight will still be vastly superior to most other cheaper ammos accuracy, as it should be at around $1/shot. In my .223 precision gun, Hornady superperformance match 75gr was vastly superior to generic 55gr bulk ammo, but my .223 likes 69gr FGMM better.

I have been meaning to try some Black Hills match ammo, but have yet to get some. If it is as good as most online reviews seem to indicate, might be a worthwhile alternative for those of us not reloading yet. Just don't mix your match brass with bulk ammo brass.