Sign in to follow this  
Tony13

Steel Challenge Holster

Yes for limited, no for single stack. 

I wouldn't recommend that holster for limited you would be better off with the DAA Racemaster. You can find them on enos used pretty cheap.

Above that I would really recommend getting a kydex blade tech holster with a tec lock, NOT A DOH HANGAR, and just shoot single stack. 

They are divisions bud, not classes.

21 minutes ago, louu said:

They are divisions bud, not classes.

Lol... I’m still new to this.

I saw the DAA. Why do you like them better? Right now I see the safariland for $130. The DAA were much more then that.

The one reason I’m leaning toward the “open” style holster as opposed to a kydex is I really don’t want to put any holster wear on the gun. Like I said I’m new to this and speed and scores are really not a concern right now. My 3 main goals are have fun, don’t embarrass yourself and don’t shoot yourself.

On 9/2/2018 at 10:38 PM, Tony13 said:

Lol... I’m still new to this.

I saw the DAA. Why do you like them better? Right now I see the safariland for $130. The DAA were much more then that.

The one reason I’m leaning toward the “open” style holster as opposed to a kydex is I really don’t want to put any holster wear on the gun. Like I said I’m new to this and speed and scores are really not a concern right now. My 3 main goals are have fun, don’t embarrass yourself and don’t shoot yourself.

If your concerned about wear then don't get the DAA it wears the bottom a little. 

Are you getting a 9 or a 45?

Steve at Monmouth Arms is being nice and holding onto my Dan Wesson PM9 until my permits come in. Going on 8 weeks now. Sitting on pins and needles waiting for them, hoping this week.

It’s  the nicest gun I’ll own to date and maybe ever. So I know I’m being a bit over the top with worrying about the finish but that’s the way it is right now.

I’m still leaning towards the Safariland 014. Saw Zeke asking about the new 7 series holsters and might go that way down the road if I go single stack “division”. :D I like the limited division, seems like the most people are in that one. Like I said before, right now doesn’t really matter where I’m at. I’m just trying not to suck and ring some steel.

Going back to the 014. Any one share there experience with that one?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tony13 said:

Steve at Monmouth Arms is being nice and holding onto my Dan Wesson PM9 until my permits come in. Going on 8 weeks now. Sitting on pins and needles waiting for them, hoping this week.

It’s  the nicest gun I’ll own to date and maybe ever. So I know I’m being a bit over the top with worrying about the finish but that’s the way it is right now.

I’m still leaning towards the Safariland 014. Saw Zeke asking about the new 7 series holsters and might go that way down the road if I go single stack “division”. :D I like the limited division, seems like the most people are in that one. Like I said before, right now doesn’t really matter where I’m at. I’m just trying not to suck and ring some steel.

Going back to the 014. Any one share there experience with that one?

Ya apparently it’s” model 7...”

im not a gamer. Mine is going to be mostly for training classes and occasional games. Sooo I dunno if it’s best fit for jus games.