Wrigs4095

NJ A655 5 round magazine limit

1 hour ago, Wrigs4095 said:

Has anyone seen this new bill it ammends the current bill from 10 rounds down to 5 rounds I literally just spent close to 5 hundred replacing all my mags with 10 rounders and now this

This is why it's been said not to do anything with your 15 rounders until there is a determination on the injunction currently being argued or until December.

If the injunction is successful, we buy some time until they can fight it out in court. Then, if they win, the 10 round limit goes away, and in a wonderful, non Communist legal system like we have here, we might even get standard 30 round mags back.

Also, if they get the injunction approved, my guess is that 5 round mag bill goes into the circular file.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Wrigs4095 said:

I was told they amended the bill from 10 rounds to 5 to get around the lawsuit because the decision is supposed to becoming sometime this month and they saw they were going to lose so they changed the rules

Proof?

27 minutes ago, Wrigs4095 said:

I was told they amended the bill from 10 rounds to 5 to get around the lawsuit because the decision is supposed to becoming sometime this month and they saw they were going to lose so they changed the rules

you're trolling , being lied to or pranked. Pick one.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

EVERY Law should apply to ALL!

Including the Special Class NJ LEO's

THEN we will have some support for the 2A!

Yeah I don't see why cops need to carry strange, unusual and inherently dangerous weapons of war. We don't need that in our communities. Police should be limited to the same safe magazine limits as us, and also their rifles and shotguns should comply with all of our common sense gun safety laws. This can easily be done and they can even have a six month grace period to modify, dispose of, or transfer out of state any such firearms and magazines. Also they should not be carrying dangerous hollow point ammunition as it is illegal to do so in the Garden State.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, siderman said:

you're trolling , being lied to or pranked. Pick one.

Not Trolling maybe misinformed I just joined here to get a better understanding of this 5 round legislation the person who told me found this out on Freedom Ammo Facebook page  . Having perfectly fine Walther PPQ Mags and having to replace them with 10 rounders sucks at 40.00 a pop  and then reading this bill that at the end says 5 rounds is enough to make your head explode . Voyager 9 just posted the legislation that I read

4 minutes ago, Wrigs4095 said:

Not Trolling maybe misinformed I just joined here to get a better understanding of this 5 round legislation the person who told me found this out on Freedom Ammo Facebook page  . Having perfectly fine Walther PPQ Mags and having to replace them with 10 rounders sucks at 40.00 a pop  and then reading this bill that at the end says 5 rounds is enough to make your head explode . Voyager 9 just posted the legislation that I read

Both the 5-round and 10-round limit were introduced at the same time. Only the 10-round limit was advanced and signed into law (yet)

10 hours ago, Wrigs4095 said:

The legislaters are always throwing a lot of shit hoping something will stick and think they are looking good because they "care". Back in 2013 after the Sandyhook school shooting they were tripping over themselves inventing anti laws to look good because they "care", take a look-  https://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.anjrpc.org/resource/resmgr/ds-email/gun_control_list_03-22-13.pdf   You will find at least one 5 rd mag law. SOS yr after yr.....remember to amend a law they cant just erase and fill in the blanks, there is a process of comittees, hearings ,voting....we would know about it early on.

10 hours ago, siderman said:

The legislaters are always throwing a lot of shit hoping something will stick and think they are looking good because they "care". Back in 2013 after the Sandyhook school shooting they were tripping over themselves inventing anti laws to look good because they "care", take a look-  https://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.anjrpc.org/resource/resmgr/ds-email/gun_control_list_03-22-13.pdf   You will find at least one 5 rd mag law. SOS yr after yr.....remember to amend a law they cant just erase and fill in the blanks, there is a process of comittees, hearings ,voting....we would know about it early on.

Thanks so much for setting me straight on how the legislative process works I appreciate it

You won't see a 5 Rd limit.  My understanding was that NY considered this.  The problem is, outside of some 5 Rd magazines made for rifles for hunting, there are no 5 Rd magazines made for most guns.  This would have made virtually all magazine fed guns single shots.  Ever see a 5 Rd magazine for a 1911 or Glock?  NY knew they'd lose on 5 Rd magazines so they went with 10 and only loading them to 7.  Why 7?  7 days in the week? 7 orifices in the head?  Who knows.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GRIZ said:

You won't see a 5 Rd limit.  My understanding was that NY considered this.  The problem is, outside of some 5 Rd magazines made for rifles for hunting, there are no 5 Rd magazines made for most guns.  This would have made virtually all magazine fed guns single shots.  Ever see a 5 Rd magazine for a 1911 or Glock?  NY knew they'd lose on 5 Rd magazines so they went with 10 and only loading them to 7.  Why 7?  7 days in the week? 7 orifices in the head?  Who knows.

My guess is they chose their stupid 7/10 language because it meant it wasn't' a defacto ban on semi-auto handguns. Something that even the shittiest judge would find a hard time ruling in favor of given the majority decision in heller. 

• Like 1