Scorpio64

Finally Got me a M1 Garand

1 minute ago, JohnnyB said:

congratulations on the new member of the family! She looks great! I always wanted one myself :)

Of all the firearms I own, this is the one I've wanted for the longest time.  I don't know why I didn't do this sooner.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Garand Owners Group.  Don't forget to "Grease the Weaser" to avoid light primer hits (white lithium grease stored in butt-stock that goes on Op Rod)!  And don't baby it when loading a clip.  Slap that bitch in the Op Rod so the extractor goes all of the way home!

Good luck on Sunday.  Wish I could be there with ya, but I got some NRA Board meeting bidness to take care of this weekend.  Lemme know if ya need some extra clips as I probably got more than I can use.

Rosey

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

Nice...just picked up a all correct 43 (except rear sight but will replace) sa!

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!

lol...I will...just have to get around to it

early 1943 with all parts SA (except rear sight). It’s almost completely correctly for the month of manufacture as well. It has the correct -6 SA op-rod, a -8 housing, -7 hammer, & -12 follower, original stock although cartouch is barely visible.  etc etc

will post pics this weeken.