Greenday

Range 129

New range opening this month (Hopefully). Absecon, NJ. Opening was drastically delayed, I'm guessing probably permit stuff but I don't really know.

Two indoor ranges. A 25 yard pistol/rimfire range and a 100 yard rifle range. Target system will be digital so you can set the exact distance you want.

Decent hours. 9am-9pm Mon-Sat and 9am-6pm Sun.

Huge show room.

I can't wait! Anyone else planning on checking it out once it opens?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

The question is, will your wife allow you to shoot her guns?

Sniper22 --- You guys! Always picking on the wives! LOL. If a guy's wife doesn't like to shoot, she's raining on his parade... but if she does like to shoot - @Zeke, @Greenday - then she's commandeering the weaponry - like a bitch - and spending too much on ammo. :facepalm:

Complain, complain, complain...you boys are never happy! I'm sure Mrs. Greenday will let him shoot. (That is, assuming he did all his chores that week... :D)  Greenday, you know you're going to have to get your own gun soon or the guys on here will never let you hear the end of it. LOL.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Sniper22 --- You guys! Always picking on the wives! LOL. If a guy's wife doesn't like to shoot, she's raining on his parade... but if she does like to shoot -

Ha Ha

I'm lucky, my wife doesn't like to shoot and won't even go to the range with me, but she doesn't rain on my parade. When she sees the UPS guy getting a hernia carry a package to the door, she just shakes her head and walks the other way.

Now, if she really liked to shoot, I'd probably be broke with all the "shopping" she would do, if it matched the way she shops at "her" stores... :)

• Like 1

Naw, I got the P22 Target Black

2034767_14031509414522_is

Next up will be higher caliber rifles. I'm debating staying with S&W since I love my 15-22 so much. I'm thinking the M&P 15 in 5.56 and something like their T/C LRR 308 Winchester for bigger caliber/distance. I'm open to persuasion to try something else though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

.. but if she does like to shoot - @Zeke, @Greenday - then she's commandeering the weaponry - like a bitch - and spending too much on ammo. :facepalm:

Yeah, that’s pretty accurate... gotta go now, my lower  parts group just arrived for my new G34 build :D

• Like 3

On 9/5/2018 at 7:53 PM, voyager9 said:

Link to website:

https://www.range129.com/

...." If you have any friends or family members that would be interested in our organization and keeping tabs on our progress, please invite them to keep in contact with us as we progress through our construction. We hope to be up and running in early 2018! "

Looks like they're going to have a difficult time hitting the opening date. Maybe they meant 2019?

Interesting, range looks quite nice for an indoor facility.  Membership is also quite reasonable for NJ... but I am sure a large part of it is where it is located... south south Jersey.  This range would clean up in North or Central Jersey, but have a harder time trying to make a case for it in AC.  IF they can get the tourists, ala what Vegas ranges do, they would make a killing, unfortunately AC is a slump/dump.

The 100 yard indoor is certainly an amazing competitive advantage though. 

No automatic alt text available.

awesome!  Tons of people?

100 yard indoor range is pretty damn cool.... Good thing space is cheap in south jersey, right?

I do wonder how quickly the maintenance will have to go on that range.  Loots of distance where target backers, lights, etc can get shot out.

Limit on calibers there?>

On 11/12/2018 at 8:44 PM, Maksim said:

Interesting, range looks quite nice for an indoor facility.  Membership is also quite reasonable for NJ... but I am sure a large part of it is where it is located... south south Jersey.  This range would clean up in North or Central Jersey, but have a harder time trying to make a case for it in AC.  IF they can get the tourists, ala what Vegas ranges do, they would make a killing, unfortunately AC is a slump/dump.

The 100 yard indoor is certainly an amazing competitive advantage though. 

No automatic alt text available.

loses me right here.  I'm fine with military discount but cops?  I'd pass on that, there shouldn't be any difference between us civilians

48 minutes ago, Maksim said:

awesome!  Tons of people?

100 yard indoor range is pretty damn cool.... Good thing space is cheap in south jersey, right?

I do wonder how quickly the maintenance will have to go on that range.  Loots of distance where target backers, lights, etc can get shot out.

Limit on calibers there?>

The 25 yard ranges sounded a lot busier. There was one other couple there in the 100 yard range. Not sure what they were shooting. Shop was busy. Local PD was there checking it out.

No limits on calibers. Just no reloaded ammo.

2 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

loses me right here.  I'm fine with military discount but cops?  I'd pass on that, there shouldn't be any difference between us civilians

I mean, that's pretty standard. Full Metal Jacket gives a $75 discount on memberships for LEO/Military. Shooters I'm pretty sure does.

1 minute ago, Greenday said:

The 25 yard ranges sounded a lot busier. There was one other couple there in the 100 yard range. Not sure what they were shooting. Shop was busy. Local PD was there checking it out.

I mean, that's pretty standard. Full Metal Jacket gives a $75 discount on memberships for LEO/Military. Shooters I'm pretty sure does.

No reloaded ammo?  Wow... then again, I doubt they check?

No steel core ammo would make far more sense.. How would they even know if ammo is reloaded? Someone will need to educate them I suppose. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greenday said:

No reloads to feed their RENTALS or no reloads PERIOD (even when using your own firearms)??

And if you show-up with factory boxes who's going to examine them, the Reload Police? 

• Like 1

No reloads period. And they "check" but I just showed them my boxes and said I hadn't opened them yet which was good enough. The RSO said they could definitely tell the difference when I was talking about how I want to reload but no one let's you use it around here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk