Greenday

Range 129

2 minutes ago, Greenday said:

The inspection area is it's own room that isn't open access. You have to be buzzed in. Just nitpicking but for those who haven't seen the place yet, it doesn't happen in the shop area.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I appreciate the intel from someone who's had "eyes on" the facility! That said, 1) if the guns aren't pointed downrange, that doesn't solve the valid safety issue raised, and 2) goodness, are you implying they built an actual "inspection room" into their floor plan? Oh, please tell me that's not so! :facepalm:  Because my benefit of the doubt as to the owner's "good intentions" will evaporate rather quickly if that's the case.

• Like 1

I appreciate the intel from someone who's had "eyes on" the facility! That said, 1) if the guns aren't pointed downrange, that doesn't solve the valid safety issue raised, and 2) goodness, are you implying they built an actual "inspection room" into their floor plan? Oh, please tell me that's not so! :facepalm:  Because my benefit of the doubt as to the owner's "good intentions" will evaporate rather quickly if that's the case.

That is exactly what they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

if someone does something in error because they don't know.. it is what it is.. no one is born full of knowledge.. 
if someone continues to do something in error after being educated... that is when you cut ties.. 

I think its great someone built a range in south Jersey.. some of what they do seams silly.. and well possibly dangerous.. a room may or may not contain a stray 5.56 round.. or a 308 round.. depending on the build of the room obviously (but pretty unlikely it would stop something like a 308 [insert Google 308 VS cinder block] ).. 

if they really want to play nanny time.. they should be doing these "inspections" at the shooting port.. with the gun pointed in the direction of a backstop that is DESIGNED to safely take a round.. 

inspecting.. handling.. unloading.. guns in a room.. it just sounds like a bad idea.. 

their money.. business.. and rules.. but not something I think I would be interested in being a part of.. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

Wow. Hey, your money, your choice. But I'd be asking for a full refund right about.. yesterday. (Or, whenever it was you were first marched into their "inspection room", lol). 

I mean, from what I can tell, modern commercial ranges often have an interior chamber between the shop and the range.... but that's just a double-door system to ensure people in the shop area aren't exposed to dangerous decibel levels. Is it just that? Because that's fine. A safe design actually.

But if you're saying that someone is always in that "middle room" to check everyone before entering the range, well, if that's the case, that's over-the-top. I don't appreciate a business model that treats adults like infants.. Worst yet, that's treating law-abiding people as potential law-breakers by inferring a "presumption of guilt"... that you must be searched by your superiors for contraband before being allowed onto the range. Excuse my French... but WTF?  Then again, the owner IS a millennial, lol! Perhaps he's built "safe space"  thinking right into his new business model...? May I ask... were there puppy videos playing in the background, too? .. hot cocoa and nice warm blankies for anyone "triggered" by the sound of the big, mean guns? :facepalm:

I'll be interested to hear how this all shakes out. Safety is good, always.  But policies that only serve to infantilize or disrespect the customers? Not so much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Wow. Hey, your money, your choice. But I'd be asking for a full refund right about.. yesterday. (Or, whenever it was you were first marched into their "inspection room", lol). 

I mean, from what I can tell, modern commercial ranges often have an interior chamber between the shop and the range.... but that's just a double-door system to ensure people in the shop area aren't exposed to dangerous decibel levels. Is it just that? Because that's fine. A safe design actually.

But if you're saying that someone is always in that "middle room" to check everyone before entering the range, well, if that's the case, that's over-the-top. I don't appreciate a business model that treats adults like infants.. Worst yet, that's treating law-abiding people as potential law-breakers by inferring a "presumption of guilt"... that you must be searched by your superiors for contraband before being allowed onto the range. Excuse my French... but WTF?  Then again, the owner IS a millennial, lol! Perhaps he's built "safe space"  thinking right into his new business model...? May I ask... were there puppy videos playing in the background, too? .. hot cocoa and nice warm blankies for anyone "triggered" by the sound of the big, mean guns? :facepalm:

I'll be interested to hear how this all shakes out. Safety is good, always.  But policies that only serve to infantilize or disrespect the customers? Not so much.

It is not the airlock.  The airlock is between the inspection room and the range.  I don't think their intentions are nefarious, I just think they are ill advised bordering on full blown incompetence.   

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Darrenf said:
37 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Vlad beat me to the walls of the inspection room, so I'll just add this:

As I approach almost a half century of being around firearms, I've NEVER heard of such a thing as an "Inspection Room".  It's nice that a new range opened, but I'm embarrassed for them for what they perceive as their "Role" as range managers.

The counter-person selling range time & rentals is supposed to say, "Got yer eyes & ears?  Got enough ammo & targets?  Need a rental?  (WANT FRIES WITH THAT?)!  OK, remember to not uncase until the guns are IN the Port.  Have FUN & remember if ya need anything to just raise yer hand & one of our friendly R-O's will swing-by".  They sell ya what ya need & then you hit the airlock.  NO DRAMA!  Anything else is negative customer service.  

When the place gets BUSY on weekends I wonder how long this BS will last & how many customers will accidentally get swept by range personnel while they clear firearms in the "INSPECTION ROOM"??

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Greenday said:

The inspection area is it's own room that isn't open access. You have to be buzzed in. Just nitpicking but for those who haven't seen the place yet, it doesn't happen in the shop area.

Wow, what comes next, full blown cavity searches and checking your posting history on Facebook?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

So @Maksim and @Smokin .50, i guess it's safe to assume you have heard zilch from Range 129 at this point?

Mrs and I were discussing this yesterday... I tried to give her the cliff notes 

she” mo ranges good “ I concur 

Me” seems way over the top, and something is jus weird here”

she” why does diamond have several double headed dildos?”

me” dunno jus dunno”

We will probably ck this place out @Darrenf but I doubt we will find the experience pleasant. Shooters is worse than gssc in our experience. We seem to be happy with how we are treated at TTC.

Rtsp was good also, but that was a meetup I’m not sure how they are day to day 

• Like 1

Just now, Zeke said:

Mrs and I were discussing this yesterday... I tried to give her the cliff notes 

she” mo ranges good “ I concur 

Me” seems way over the top, and something is jus weird here”

she” why does diamond have several double headed dildos?”

me” dunno jus dunno”

We will probably ck this place out @Darrenf but I doubt we will find the experience pleasant. Shooters is worse than gssc in our experience. We seem to be happy with how we are treated at TTC.

What happened at Shooters?  I've never had a bad experience there, and I let my membership there lapse because Range 129 is so much closer.  

1 minute ago, Darrenf said:

What happened at Shooters?  I've never had a bad experience there, and I let my membership there lapse because Range 129 is so much closer.  

Our anniversary... only ones there.

ro would only let us load mags in port

only 1 firearm alowed in port... perhaps jus a bad ro. Been there a few times, that one was the worst and different .

Just now, Zeke said:

Our anniversary... only ones there.

only 1 firearm alowed in port... perhaps jus a bad ro. Been there a few times, that one was the worst and different .

They have always only allowed one uncased firearm in the port at a time.  I never saw that as an issue, but what do you mean you couldn't load your mags in the port?  How were you supposed to continue shooting once a mag was empty.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zeke said:

At Shooters, we've got spanked for having two up on the bench at a time. RO "reminded" us one open/up at a time. That's one nice thing about Range 14, they don't give a crap what's up on the table.

We usually have a open port next to us, and the guy not shooting just reloads mags in the next port. RO never said anything about that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

They have always only allowed one uncased firearm in the port at a time.  I never saw that as an issue, but what do you mean you couldn't load your mags in the port?  How were you supposed to continue shooting once a mag was empty.

“Only could load”

interesting levels of tolerance here.

2 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

Oh, okay, you could only load them in the port.  Where else were you trying to load them?

Out of port

Just now, Darrenf said:

I'm always up for new places and people!

It’s PA.. you’re going to feel slightly uncomfortable. Because it’s slightly unnatural to you..

Okay, I just got back from Range 129.  After watching a safety movie as long as Ben Hur, giving blood and sperm samples, showing two forms of ID, full body cavity search , finger prints, 72 pages of wavers, a 100 dollar down payment, magazine and range bag inspections, buying their ammo at twice the price anywhere else, having the RO nazi check the weight of my ball sack, I got to shoot.  I had a blast.  Can't wait to go back again. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Okay, I just got back from Range 129.  After watching a safety movie as long as Ben Hur, giving blood and sperm samples, showing two forms of ID, full body cavity search , finger prints, 72 pages of wavers, a 100 dollar down payment, magazine and range bag inspections, buying their ammo at twice the price anywhere else, having the RO nazi check the weight of my ball sack, I got to shoot.  I had a blast.  Can't wait to go back again. 

We all know you never went that far souf in joisey ever.

fake news

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

We all know you never went that far souf in joisey ever.

fake news

I was at south Jersey shooting events while you were swimming in your fathers nutsack.  I go way back on this forum, boy.

• Haha 2

Zeke's first post >

Posted September 4, 2012 · Report post

Hi all,
Wife and recently applied for our hand gun permits. I guess you call it p2p?
Anywho, found out about this forumn from research on jerseys gun laws and the link from nj2as.
You guys seem like I good group. My wife and I jus getting into shooting.
30+ days so far waiting for our p2p.
We got our firearms I'd 9 months ago.
Anywho, thanks for your time
Zeke

And RayRay never welcomed him. I did.

• Like 1