Sign in to follow this  
raz-0

The bandit is dead.

Yeah, I just saw that on cable. Now, a lot of you won't like this opinion... but that guy starred in more ridiculously STUPID movies than you could shake a stick out. Smokey and the Bandit being right at the top (or is it the bottom?) of that list.

However, he played the character "Lewis" in Deliverance... and that made it all worthwhile. Great movie. And he was perfect in that role as the rugged survivalist-minded outdoorsman. Best role of his career IMO.

Rest in peace.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, 67gtonut said:

RIP Bandit.....

One of my all time favorite movies..... one of the reasons I am a Pontiac nut today.....

My apologies for insulting one of your favorites movies. I think that's just more of a "guy" movie. ;)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

but that guy starred in more ridiculously STUPID movies than you could shake a stick out. Smokey and the Bandit being right at the top (or is it the bottom?) of that list.

It might be a guy thing with cars, it was a funny movie, Jackie Gleason also helped. 

But a lot of actors make really stupid movies and get paid really stupid money, because we go watch them and spend really stupid money. 

RIP Bandit

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

However, he played the character "Lewis" in Deliverance... and that made it all worthwhile. Great movie. And he was perfect in that role as the rugged survivalist-minded outdoorsman. Best role of his career IMO.

Rest in peace.

Yep, Lewis broke up one of the most memorable love scenes of all time...

• Like 2

"I always wanted to experience everything and go down swinging," he wrote in the final paragraph of his memoir. "Well, so far, so good. I know I'm old, but I feel young. And there's one thing they can never take away: Nobody had more fun than I did."

R.I.P. Burt Reynolds

• Like 1