tankcommander

Whats your Favorite Rifle?

Favorite? Hard to pick one but if pressed I'd pick an AR. Between the military and working as a LEO I've had one just about continuously since 1968 M16, AR15, or M4. I've undoubtedly shot more 223/5.56 through ARs than any other rifle.

now that is one perty little rifle. =P Do they make it in a 9mm?

Yes they do. It takes the same magazines as my 92FS so it was a perfect fit for me. A CX4 will cost you over $700 now. I paid $725 on GunBroker a couple of months ago. No one locally had it cheaper and the shipping and FFL transfer fee was less than the sales tax would have been.

Stag lower, Del-ton upper

DTI 16" 1x9 Light Weight Chrome-lined Barrel

YHM 4 Rail Free Float Tube

Standard Bolt & Carrier

M4 Buttstock - (6 position)

Phantom Aggressive End Comp/Brake

Single Rail Gas Block

A2 Grip - Black which I changed

Standard Lower Parts

Standard Charging Handle

Flat Top Upper with M4 Feed Ramps

TangoDown Vertical Grip

C-MORE RED DOT 4 MOA

Well this is my favorite!

His name is Mephistopheles.

And he's all MINE!

Very nice weapon you got there. Can't remember the last time I heard a gun referred to as a male. Of course it isn't legal here in NJ. They don't trust us to have a folding or collapsible stock, flash hider or suppressor or a Mag with a capacity over 15 Rounds if we have the pistol grip. And who would know what is best for me better than my government?

And he's all MINE!

Very nice weapon you got there. Can't remember the last time I heard a gun referred to as a male. Of course it isn't legal here in NJ. They don't trust us to have a folding or collapsible stock, flash hider or suppressor or a Mag with a capacity over 15 Rounds if we have the pistol grip. And who would know what is best for me better than my government?

Not just any male, but a literary manifestation of Greek words to represet Satan. If you remember the Touring Play Group in the movie Tombstone, the show they put on was Faust and the Devil. The Devils name being Mephistophelese.

Nice Rifle

It is hard to pick a favorite, I like all my long guns including a Ruger mini 14 in .223, a Savage 110 in .30-06, and my old pal my Ruger 10-22 which I just picked up to replace an older one that I had as a kid. I also love their little brothers my handguns and their friends my shotguns.

They all know that I love them equally. I suspect the next one I pick up will be just as special, whaichever gun I buy in whatever caliber or gage.

And he's all MINE!

Well being I'm female, my rifle would definitely be male! LOL

Well if you ever get up to NWPA, you can certainly enjoy our freedoms and give Meph a go! Ammo's on me!

No doubt, and I had seen reports of the foregrip melting on a hot barrel. I had to dremel the foregrip a bit to get it to fit but it worked well. I then stripped the wood and refinished it with Tung oil. Tried a cammo job on the plastic but I'm not happy with it. I may strip it and try again. I also bought another wood set to play with as well. I've scoped it and had to add a cheek pad to get a good sight picture. Its a keeper.

TC

Mine was surprisingly accurate with my loads and Iron sights, so I think I have to take full advantage of its potential and scope it. I was looking at one of the low mount scope mounts. Any experience with them or did you have a stanag mount.

The Stanag mounts cost more then I was willing to spend so I got one from B-Square. Its high mounted see through so you can still see the iron sights. It was rock solid I took it off again when I was trying different stocks. It was tough finding a cheek rest that wasn't permanent. I found out i needed a check rest after a day at the range bobbing all over the place unable to keep a sight picture. Also a longer eye relief scope after a cut over my eye. This is how she looked.[attachment=0]129.JPG[/attachment]