Scorpio64

Apple Users Beware

Adware Doctor for Apple machines is stealing your personal information and sending it off to China.

Security researcher Patrick Wardle says one of the most popular apps on the Mac App Store "surreptitiously exfiltrates highly sensitive user information" and is likely exporting it to China.

READ MORE HERE ---> https://appleinsider.com/articles/18...er-information

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

Adware Doctor for Apple machines is stealing your personal information and sending it off to China.

To be totally honest, EVERY app on your phone (Apple or Android) is siphoning off personal data and sending it somewhere.

Nobody reads the permissions they give apps, if people REALLY paid attention, they would take a hammer to their phones.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Nobody reads the permissions they give apps, if people REALLY paid attention, they would take a hammer to their phones.

YOU JUST SOLVED THE MYSTERY!! the klinton only smashed her phone 'cause she found out they weren't secure! not to hide anything.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lethalshot said:

I'll never buy Apple, there Obie and Democratic Party supporters.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Better ditch your moto z then while your at it.

https://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/lookup2.php?strID=C00075341&cycle=2010

11 hours ago, lethalshot said:

Not owned by Motorola anymore

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Your correct, my mistake... its Lenovo now.    

Even worse by percentage:

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/totals.php?id=D000027194&cycle=2018

However I dont fault anyone at this level .. the point is unless someone here is living like the swiss family robinson, everyone here can look around their home and find something that is made by someone who has donated to democrats or democratic causes .Kinda hard to avoid these days.

Personal I use iPhones (and other iOS devices).   Superior products in my opinion.   Im not a phone jumper for the latest and greatest shiny whistle or slightly bigger screen..., i have been using iphones since inception, i am well invested in apps on that platform, i think the android OS is a piece of crap.. and while the phone may be made outside this country, like just about every other dam piece of electronics these days, i take a little sliver of solace, however small, knowing that at least the company is an american company. 

I like your conviction to the thought process of it though.

Your correct, my mistake... its Lenovo now.    
Even worse by percentage:
https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/totals.php?id=D000027194&cycle=2018
However I dont fault anyone at this level .. the point is unless someone here is living like the swiss family robinson, everyone here can look around their home and find something that is made by someone who has donated to democrats or democratic causes .Kinda hard to avoid these days.
Personal I use iPhones (and other iOS devices).   Superior products in my opinion.   Im not a phone jumper for the latest and greatest shiny whistle or slightly bigger screen..., i have been using iphones since inception, i am well invested in apps on that platform, i think the android OS is a piece of crap.. and while the phone may be made outside this country, like just about every other dam piece of electronics these days, i take a little sliver of solace, however small, knowing that at least the company is an american company. 
I like your conviction to the thought process of it though.

To me Apple users are like being in a cult or like a Harley rider who won't look outside the box.
Apple contributes alot to the Dems and are not affraid to publicly announce it and denounce the Republican's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lethalshot said:

To me Apple users are like being in a cult or like a Harley rider who won't look outside the box.

I agree..

It has always amazed me that Apple fanboys will pay double for a product, just because it has a piece of fruit on it.

When I ask people why, they say it's because they do so much. Then I ask what does the Apple do better than a PC or a generic tablet, a generic MP3 player or a Android phone, and what specifically do you need the Apple for, all I get is the deer in the headlight look.

yea for me personally it's between the investment on the apple side, in apps and such since i've been using them since inception as well as the fact that android is just horrible.  I know some people do like it but it's just not for me.   I use both PC's and Mac's at home, I have iPhones, IPads and even a few android tablets in the house.   At work I have to support both platforms and if i was to run a report on help desk tickets related to both platforms, i would have a dozen or so for the apple products and thousands for the android platform, so I know its not just me that has issues with android lol

I agree..
It has always amazed me that Apple fanboys will pay double for a product, just because it has a piece of fruit on it.
When I ask people why, they say it's because they do so much. Then I ask what does the Apple do better than a PC or a generic tablet, a generic MP3 player or a Android phone, and what specifically do you need the Apple for, all I get is the deer in the headlight look.

I think somehow the device is brainwashing people, better look into that!

26 minutes ago, Lakota said:

At work I have to support both platforms and if i was to run a report on help desk tickets related to both platforms, i would have a dozen or so for the apple products and thousands for the android platform, so I know its not just me that has issues with android lol

I used both, I had a personal Android and was given a iPhone from work, so I've experienced both. I've also been a first adopter in the family when it comes to newer technology over the last handful of decades. There's very little difference for over 90% of users, except price.

I think you see more issues with Android because many of those users are more advanced users, which can cause more problems. All the people I know who are Apple users do the bare bone tasks on those products and hardly understand technology, so if all you're doing is surfing the Net, updating your Facebook status or sending a text, you're not going to have many problems. Hell, I know a bunch of iPhone users who can't write a basic Word document on their laptop. But they bought a  MacBook, just because....

8 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Apparently tapatalk sells your location...

Just about every app siphons off your data. Do you have a flashlight app on your phone? Go look at the permissions you allowed it to look at. You'll be amazed....  Why does a flashlight need access to all those areas of your phone???? Because YOU'RE the product being sold from the FREE app.

From your link:

These apps are allegedly selling your location info...

• ASKfm
  • C25K 5K Trainer
  • Classifieds 2.0 Marketplace
  • Code Scanner by ScanLife
  • Coupon Sherpa
  • GasBuddy
  • Homes.com
  • Mobiletag
  • Moco
  • My Aurora Forecast
  • MyRadar NOAA Weather Radar
  • NOAA Weather Radar