Sign in to follow this  
Sniper

Has anyone registered their 15 round mags/firearms

One section of the new magazine ban in A2761 listed the availability of registering a mag/firearm that can't be reduced to 10 rounds for a fee of $50. Has anyone done this yet? The Law said that the State Police was tasked to develop a registration form in 60 after the law was passed to allow this registration. Has anyone seen that form?

Here is that section:

17.      (New section)  a.  A person who legally owns a firearm 2[with a fixed magazine capacity holding up to 15 rounds which is incapable of being modified to accommodate 10 or less rounds and was purchased on or] as set forth in paragraph (1) or (2) of this subsection2 prior to the effective date of P.L.      , c.    (C.        ) (pending before the Legislature as this bill) shall register that firearm within one year from the effective date2[this act]:

(1)   a firearm with a fixed magazine capacity holding up to 15 rounds which is incapable of being modified to accommodate 10 or less rounds; or

(2)   a firearm which only accepts a detachable magazine with a capacity of up to 15 rounds which is incapable of being modified to accommodate 10 or less rounds2 .

2b.2  In order to register the firearm 2pursuant to subsection a. of this section2, the owner shall: 

(1)   complete a registration statement, in the form to be prescribed by the Superintendent of the State Police; 3and3

(2)   3[pay a registration fee of $50 per firearm; and

Save your $50 (per magazine) and have a friend or relative that lives out of state store your 15 round magazines.You register your 15 round magazines, guaranteed that in a few years they will be deemed so incredibly dangerous that they must be confiscated. The only hope is that this whole thing gets thrown out in court.

Save your $50 (per magazine) and have a friend or relative that lives out of state store your 15 round magazines.You register your 15 round magazines, guaranteed that in a few years they will be deemed so incredibly dangerous that they must be confiscated. The only hope is that this whole thing gets thrown out in court.
The mags don't get registered. The firearm does.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

@GRIZ  My 15 round mags are already permanently modified..... How do I modify them to 10?

11 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

If you don't know how take them to a FFL who does.

Don't treat me like the enemy :)

Correct me if I am wrong, but what he is saying, if they were supposed to be "permanently altered" to 15 rounds to start with, they can not be altered to 10 rounds.

ETA: Zeke beat me to it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

You'd be hard pressed to find any magazine that can't be modified to 10 rds or less.  Can anyone name one?

I was wondering about that. Some handgun mags can't be shortened (ie: a 10 round in place of a 15 round) and work correctly, like can be done with a AR15 mag for instance, so the handgun mag can only be modified internally without changing the physical external size. For instance, I just can't go buy a shorter 10 round mag for my CX4 Storm, as the 14 round sits flush now and doesn't extend out.

Then, we get back to the discussion of what's a "permanent" modification (rivets, pins, epoxy, blockers, springs, etc.)

So much fun....

7 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but what he is saying, if they were supposed to be "permanently altered" to 15 rounds to start with, they can not be altered to 10 rounds.

ETA: Zeke beat me to it.

Okay but the only permanent thing is death.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

If you don't know how take them to a FFL who does.

Don't treat me like the enemy :)

Didn't mean to come atchya... The reality is, NJ doesnt give a shit about your property or the fact your mags are "permantly altered" already. 

• Like 2

This is my obligatory post/reminder in every single one of these threads that the price of most 30rd rifle magazines currently sits at ~$10/ea on average so if you're going to go the "stored out of state" route why not just junk your 15s and get real magazines.
Not everyone wants to throw money away.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

[mention=1198]GRIZ[/mention]  My 15 round mags are already permanently modified..... How do I modify them to 10?

Exactly. Just another example of a NJ that should be Voided.

There aren't too many 15 round fixed mags that can be registered. I only know of some rare 12 round Swiss Rifles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk