gleninjersey

I DON'T NEED LIGHTS FOR MY FIREARMS: CHANGE MY MIND

After shooting with a handheld light, I prefer having a light ON the pistol itself.  I am much steadier holding the pistol with both hands.  I've shot Low Light/No Light IDPA matches, and I find myself fumbling with my flashlights in hand and not getting as good a grip or shot.  

1 minute ago, checko said:

No you dont. The gun works just fine without it. If you want to use it effectively in the dark you will need it.

So, you disagree with me and then agree with me?

Pass

I tested it out. Light didn't go out. It's one of those with the rubber casing. I'm not shooting at night on a regular basis. For the couple rounds I would need to get off it works. It's mounted on my ridiculous looking AR-15 along with a laser, red dot, magnifier, and angled forward hand stop. That rifle mostly collects dust. I take the real rifles to the range.

Handgun if light is needed small mag light held in hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a light on my pistol and rifle that is ready for use at home. I have kids, a dog and doors. Illuminating a target and shooting with one hand while I manage other things around me is something I anticipate having to do in an emergency.

I also carry a flashlight routinely for when I need to see without pointing a gun.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

I have a light on my pistol and rifle that is ready for use at home. I have kids, a dog and doors. Illuminating a target and shooting with one hand while I manage other things around me is something I anticipate having to do in an emergency.

I also carry a flashlight routinely for when I need to see without pointing a gun.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This is the right answer.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Doesn't this work better for acquisition?

laser.jpg

No. That is not acquisition. That is engaging.

White light is 10000 times more important than a vis laser.

Before you can engage a justified deadly force threat you have to:

1) Acquire a target - Is there someone standing in my kitchen or is that a something my wife left on the counter?

2) Identify if the target is Friend or Foe - Is that my son who snuck downstairs for a snack? Or is that an intruder?

3) Discriminate the target for the appropriateness of deadly force - OK. That’s not my son, and I don’t recognize him. Is he holding a can of soda, or a gun? 

To accomplish each of those tasks, you need to see. That means white light - and lots of it. The better you can see, the faster you can determine shoot/no shoot.

Vis lasers on handguns suck. They are a feel good gimmick. They give a false sense of security and ability. You’d be better served with a MRDS.

• Like 4

Yes, $100 is a lot of money. But it’s generally a good starting price for what quality lights cost. 

For most people, the Streamlight TLR series is adequate. It is an excellent value for a WML.

Personally, I have tried a lot of different brands of weapon lights. They have all failed on me except Surefire, so that’s what I use.

• Like 1

If you dont want a peice of shit, yes.

Surefire x300 is like 260. Im sure you can find some ncstar airsoft stuff for $30

Sent from my LG-V496 using Tapatalk

For the amount I use a light I am fine with my $15 setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk