SJG

New S.P. Form for "Assault Firearms" Registration

If I have a pmag that is already permanently modified to 15rounds. I'm sure I can figure out a way to permanently attach it as well.

Yes I just edited that part. If your magazine is fixed then the assault weapon rules do not apply however it must be a 10 round magazine in which case there is no need for registration.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't see anyway of permantly attaching a 15 round magazine to an AR and claiming it can't be modified to 10. Permantly attach a 10 and you are done you can have adjustable stock, flash hider, bayonet lug, and grenade launcher. No different than a Yugo SKS.

caution to all: this is a template form put out by the State Police, which is clearly erroneous----it does not change or repeal the new gun statutes and/or whatever interpretation the court may give to the new gun laws. If you choose to use this form and add more evil features to your AR, it does not create immunity from prosecution. It is also unclear how law enforcement will process this form, will they demand that you produce the firearm for inspection before signing off on it or will they simply process the form? I think you would be iill advised to add more evil features--you might be a test case

• Like 1

So my current 15 round mags aren't permanently modified? Are the illegal now then? 
And that is the trouble with NJ law. Technically no modified 15 rounds magazines should be capable of being modified to 10 rounds since they were already permanently modified to 15 rounds to be legal under the law. Sort of a catch 22.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

caution to all: this is a template form put out by the State Police, which is clearly erroneous----it does not change or repeal the new gun statutes and/or whatever interpretation the court may give to the new gun laws. If you choose to use this form and add more evil features to your AR, it does not create immunity from prosecution. It is also unclear how law enforcement will process this form, will they demand that you produce the firearm for inspection before signing off on it or will they simply process the form? I think you would be iill advised to add more evil features--you might be a test case
I think anyone who registers is out of their mind. Registration leads to confiscation. Don't believe it see California.

• Like 3

Interesting question: what qualifies as a fixed magazine to take it out of the assault weapon category?  California has dealt with this issue, but their statute is different then NJ. Does fixed mean, it can never be removed? Does it mean it can only be removed if you open the action and insert a new mag? Does it mean you can't remove it if you open the action and have to top reload it?

Interesting question: what qualifies as a fixed magazine to take it out of the assault weapon category?  California has dealt with this issue, but their statute is different then NJ. Does fixed mean, it can never be removed? Does it mean it can only be removed if you open the action and insert a new mag? Does it mean you can't remove it if you open the action and have to top reload it?
My guess is it would have to be at least as fixed as a SKS or FN-49. Which would mean the magazine would have to be removed using a tool. A bullet button alone probably wouldn't qualify.

24 minutes ago, SJG said:

caution to all: this is a template form put out by the State Police, which is clearly erroneous----it does not change or repeal the new gun statutes and/or whatever interpretation the court may give to the new gun laws.

Also, according to the new law, there was suppose to be a $50 fee to register each one. I don't see that mentioned on the form.

Stay far away from this form, we still haven't heard the outcome of the mag injunction, which could make this form moot.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2018 at 3:56 PM, PK90 said:

1990 flashback.

If you registered any firearm on the current banned list, you still would be able to possess it in NJ today.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

but your kids wouldn't be able to inherit it would they?

Nope. Says right on the form heir or estate of an owner of a firearm which has been registered shall within 90 days of the owners death dispose of that firearm.

21 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Nope. Says right on the form heir or estate of an owner of a firearm which has been registered shall within 90 days of the owners death dispose of that firearm.

Prelude to a New Jersey SAFE Act? 

44 minutes ago, SJG said:

You really can't compare NJ law with CA. NY, etc.  It all depends on how NJ writes their law.  That said, NJ law will be confusing when it comes to firearms.

Prelude to a New Jersey SAFE Act? 
You can bet NJ will jam more Unconstitutional Laws through. Honestly I am surprised they haven't done so yet. I'm guessing they want to wait and see how quickly their subjects comply to these laws. The majority will do as told when they are told. Then they will pass and sign the next round of laws. The only hope for relief is the Federal Courts.

• Like 1

I'm not dead yet. LOL

Chances are, a good portion of NJGF Members will move out of NJ before they die.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PK90 said:

I'm not dead yet. LOL

Chances are, a good portion of NJGF Members will move out of NJ before they die.

A good portion already have moved. Soon enough the majority of NJGF members will living outside NJ. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PK90 said:

I'm not dead yet. LOL

Or a whole lot sooner than that.

After pitching our tent in PA in the near future.... we thought Sedona looks pretty nice.....

But as far as any registration of any sort, I just think thats a very bad idea.

Sedona is (was) beautiful back in the 70s and early 80s; before the "crystal crazies" (as my grandfather termed them) moved in.  For me; if I was thinking Arizona, I would be thinking Flagstaff.  Hope the crystal crazies haven't taken over there, too!

49 minutes ago, W2MC said:

Sedona is (was) beautiful back in the 70s and early 80s; before the "crystal crazies" (as my grandfather termed them) moved in.  For me; if I was thinking Arizona, I would be thinking Flagstaff.  Hope the crystal crazies haven't taken over there, too!

Meth Heads?

Embry is in Prescott, which my wife prefers to Flagstaff because they don’t get the 100” of snow that Flagstaff gets.     But Flagstaff is prettier, and the area surrounding it reminds me of central Idaho

plus, I don’t think I want to share airspace with that many student pilots  :-)

• Like 1

Damn it's been that long already? Hope all is well on the opposite side of the country!

January will be four years. We're doing well, both kids working full time, wife is working for the top pediatric ophthalmologist in Texas and I can own any gun with any size magazine I want...not to mention, I can CC at church.

• Like 2

January will be four years. We're doing well, both kids working full time, wife is working for the top pediatric ophthalmologist in Texas and I can own any gun with any size magazine I want...not to mention, I can CC at church.

Great decision to get out. Now they need to build the wall, deport the illegals already there, and change local zoning throughout Texas to 10acres. This way you keep the Left Coast and NJ/NY Liberals out too, or at least diminish their numbers.