SJG

New S.P. Form for "Assault Firearms" Registration

Reasons for Registration as per 2C:39-20.
Select all that apply.
A firearm with a fixed magazine capacity holding up to 15 rounds which is incapable of being modified to accommodate ten or fewer rounds.
A firearm which only accepts a detachable magazine with a capacity of up to 15 rounds which is incapable of being modified to accommodate ten or
fewer rounds.

Note the word "only" in par 2. 

I would be amazed if anyone uses this form

This form is plain stupid because any AR can accept a mag of more than 15 rounds so I guess if your AR mag of 15 can't be modified to accept 10, you can't use the form anyway, and who would be dumb enough to register anyway??

• Like 2

Notice that it's titled "Assault Firearm"..

The dickhead State Police can't even get the correct terminology. There's no such thing as an Assault Firearm. It's a fake name made up by the delusional Liberal gun haters.

It's a Semi-auto rifle.

This form has zero applications, that firearm doesn't exist.

• Like 2

Yeah, except that term is defined by statute in NJ. So I guess if your AR does not meet the definition, because you don't have the necessary number of evil features, then the form does not apply--another reason why the form is just plain stupid.

• Like 1

This is a form for a gun that does not exist.This form is for a gun with a fixed magazine capacity thats over 15 rounds there is no gun made that holds 15 rounds that has a fixed magazine.This does not apply to an ar with detachable magazine. 

This is a form for a gun that does not exist.This form is for a gun with a fixed magazine capacity thats over 15 rounds there is no gun made that holds 15 rounds that has a fixed magazine.This does not apply to an ar with detachable magazine. 
Marlin Glenfield 60

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

how is this legal?????

That's the $100,000 question. Many think it's not.

The result of the mag injunction should be really telling. If they get an approval of the injunction by the judge, it makes this form invalid, as the 15 round mags will still be legal until the case makes it through the legal system.

No but there are 12 round semi auto rifles with attached magazines.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

^^^Rules aren't just for AR's.  Yuse guys needed a history lesson (thanks Kurt!).  Rules, if applicable, apply to every "assault weapon".  Tube fed semi-auto rimfire was EXEMPTED when Murphy signed the last Bill. 

WE FIGHT EVERY DAY!  JOIN OR RENEW TODAY ON 9-11!  http://www.cnjfo.com/join-us

Rosey 

Isn't this yet another violation of the Supremacy clause of the US Constitution?  Since the U.S. Army has stated an AR-15 is NOT an assault weapon how can a state (a lower level of government) claim that it is?

• Like 1

So if I put a fixed mag on my ar-15, I can register it? 
Do I then get all the features of an ASsualt weapon? Stock flash hider etc?
Only if it was registered in 1990 and consistently used for competition.

2 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Only if it was registered in 1990 and consistently used for competition.

I don't follow. This is a new round of registering a weapon as an Assualt weapon.  The law doesn't clarify it's only for the magazine capacity, just that it's the only qualifier. 

If your firearm is successfully registered as an Assualt weapon, then you can't be charged for illegal possession of an Assualt firearm. Hence, getting a few extra features.

I don't follow. This is a new round of registering a weapon as an Assualt weapon.  The law doesn't clarify it's only for the magazine capacity, just that it's the only qualifier. 
If your firearm is successfully registered as an Assualt weapon, then you can't be charged for illegal possession of an Assualt firearm. Hence, getting a few extra features.

198701b8a819cb90f99d2d490d1bd34a.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get all that buts it obviously unclear how a newly registered assualt weapon will be treated.

There is also the part that the magazine has to not be capable of being modified. If hundreds of P-Mags are being modified how are you going to argue yours can't be. 

I think the NJ Assault weapon definition is pretty clear. It's a made up term and nothing changes with it other than 10 rounds instead of 15. If you had an AR with a fixed magazine yes you get the other features that has always been the rule.

1 minute ago, capt14k said:

There is also the part that the magazine has to not be capable of being modified. If hundreds of P-Mags are being modified how are you going to argue yours can't be.

I think the NJ Assault weapon definition is pretty clear.

If I have a pmag that is already permanently modified to 15rounds. I'm sure I can figure out a way to permanently attach it as well.