Ray Ray

It's time to talk watches

Like a 12 year old boy, I see a youtube video and I want what I see.  

Nutnfancy's youtube channel has some great wrist watches at good prices.   I am looking for a few to start putting into a rotation.   Any thoughts?

I know @Krdshrk will most definitely be into the budget ones and @Shane45 will have the ones with 3 zeros in the price.  2 numbers in the price would be ideal.

I have an old Disney stainless watch... which I picked up in Florida back in 2001. Sat in my safe for most of that time, unless I wanted to wear a watch for something. Just had it cleaned up, and new battery/seals installed... since I’m going on a Disney cruise.

I’m not a watch guy. I tend to break stuff, so try not to wear them. I have be using a Fitbit Charge 2... which I made sure I got the extended warranty for when I break it. [emoji6]

Use my phone for time/date. I know, sacrilege.

• Like 1

Casio G-Shock Rangeman.  I’ve never had issues, keeps time from Ft Collins, is solar charged and has a compass, barometer and altimeter.  It also has a thermometer, but any watch with a thermometer is suspect since it’s strapped to a 98 deg mammal.  Best watch I’ve ever had and I’ve had some expensive watches.  

• Like 1

Budget ones?  I keep getting Android Wear watches.  First the LG G-Watch, then the Moto 360, then the LG Urbane, then the Huawei H1, then the Ticwatch E.  That's 5 watches in the span of 4 years.  All of them with 3 numbers in the price...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

I would like a watch, thank you.

I wear a Swiss Army (Victorinox) similar to below. I think I paid $125 for a close out model from Sierra Trading Post 10 years ago. I've used it for work for the past 10 years. I did have to replace a band when it caught on something and broke, but that was my fault for not getting it sized properly.

If you want sub $100 go with a G-Shock. I have one from 1993 that still works. It's hard to argue with that. 

91uu60SnVyL._AC_UY700_.jpg

9 minutes ago, glockncolts said:

Seiko maybe. Hard to find a good watch under 100.00 I wear a lumi-nox  3000 and it works great except I replace the band every two or three yrs.

Seiko is good - I've got a couple.  Pulsar is made by Seiko - it's their midline of watches now.

Tissot and some Victorinox have some nice reasonably priced auto's. I know a lot of people happy with Luminox but their styling isnt my taste. The Hamilton field watch is another consideration.

Suunoto is my non auto "out in the field" watch.

My biz meetings/dinner watch is an Omega Planet Ocean. 

If I could have only one, it would be this one.  I've been wanting one for years but am not enough of a "watch guy" to save my shekels and go buy one.  

I'd rather buy a new scope

But if I could, this would be it:

https://www.calibre11.com/tag-heuer-monaco-gulf-editions/

Are you looking auto or quartz? I hear good things about Hamilton autos. I'm not sure who makes their movements any more but they're Swatch owned now so you could tell everyone it was an Omega-Lite, lol. My Omega has been running without service or adjustment for 4 years now which my B&M and TAG can't compare to (although it's a co-axial so perhaps that's not fair)

My watch is my only man-bling so all mine are interesting for one reason or another. If all I needed was a clock then as it's been said before, my phone works just fine.

Not a watch guy but my Luminox was great to me for years until one day it wasn’t... They only have one factory authorized service center in the US, and those guys sucked to deal with. I don’t really wear it much anymore

My go to is my Sieko SKX007. It’s an automatic diver. Looks great, tough, affordable. It’s the poor man’s submariner. 

I currently wear Citizen or Skagen watches.  Nice enough watches, but I want just time and date - no need for anything further.  I have been meaning to get a g shock or something else, but that's always a low priority for me...

I will mention this...because there are rings being made out of tungsten carbide, be careful if that ring is worn on your non-watch hand.  I have shattered the crystal on 2 watches, one in the middle of the night so I have no idea what happened, and one on a cheap watch which already had a crack which became a shattered mess after getting hit by the ring.  Both times, I was wearing a tungsten carbide ring with a 45° beveled edge, which is apparently sharp enough to take out the crystal if struck the right (wrong) way.

• Like 1

These are all my "two zero" watches. Actually I have a smartwatch as well that is more like an extension of my phone. But each of these to me is an every day type of watch. My favorites are the 2 citizen calibre's. Reasonable price, never needs a battery and imo great aesthetics.

The "rubbery one" is the suunto core. I've beat the shit out of the watch and have had no issues. I like the fact that it has a built in compass and storm alert. Very comfy as well. Not a fan of g shocks. 87cf9c62616ec8f1b06e18ba54365198.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1