siderman

New boiler advice

Decided to replace our 20 yr old Crown boiler. Rather than doing some service/repair we feel a new heating system is a great selling point wether its 6 months or 2 yrs from now. Seems counter productive being our current one has not had one issue over its life other than a kettling ping past few yrs which is annoying to me and we dont want to push our luck. Its been bled a few times and several pros in their opinion said its scale build up anyway. Not looking to debate fix/buy but would like to hear opinions on new hot water boiler brands for replacement. Will stick with current configuration, standard natural gas chimney vent. Thanx.

When you say boiler I assume you have hydronic heat (hot water baseboards) and not a steam boiler right? 

Either way, get a Weil Mclain, Peerless, Utica, or any of the major US manufacturers. At the end of the day, there’s only so many cast iron foundries in the US and all the big manufacturers are using a lot of the same stuff. Every plumber has “their brand” so shop around, and see who has the best price/warranty. 

7 hours ago, AmosM223 said:

When you say boiler I assume you have hydronic heat (hot water baseboards) and not a steam boiler right? 

Either way, get a Weil Mclain, Peerless, Utica, or any of the major US manufacturers. At the end of the day, there’s only so many cast iron foundries in the US and all the big manufacturers are using a lot of the same stuff. Every plumber has “their brand” so shop around, and see who has the best price/warranty. 

Yes , hot water basebrd. If you go to the Waldwick range you must be very local to me I live next dr. If you are a heating pro and interested in talking shoot me a pm and introduce yourself.

5 minutes ago, siderman said:

Yes , hot water basebrd. If you go to the Waldwick range you must be very local to me I live next dr. If you are a heating pro and interested in talking shoot me a pm and introduce yourself.

That makes us practically neighbors!