capt14k

Seems I have a thief scoping my house

There are plenty of cases where regular people like us got charged with premeditated murder for having a gun at the ready when someone was stalking their house. Some were innocent people that are just always prepared, some were people that have been messed with multiple times and got prepared. 
Only in Communist America does someone prepared get charged with premeditated murder.

I had someone stealing my scrap once, before I had cameras. I went to electrifie a water heater and somehow it was wrong. No innocent person would have accidentally gotten zapped where the scrap was kept.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, capt14k said:

RF Frequency isn't changeable as far as I know. It is unplugged now. They likely have a box that cycles frequencies and they drive around til one opens.

Even if they know the frequency, they can't necessarily open the door.  Most openers have a programmable code that must be matched in transmitter and opener.  Kinda like your car's key chain remote.

Also, I have a little gizmo from HF, a motion sensor that lets me know when someone is on my front porch.  Very handy.

1 minute ago, capt14k said:

Well mystery solved. They stole the remote from her car at the dealership.

Scumbags

31 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Forget it.. I'm not sitting out in the woods by his house. :)

There's a price for everything!

1 minute ago, capt14k said:

I'm hoping arrests will be made.

I actually take the remote out of my car in these situations, dealership, parking garage, valet, etc...

Garage door opener reprogrammed. Remote won't work anymore.

I'm hoping arrests will be made.
I actually take the remote out of my car in these situations, dealership, parking garage, valet, etc...
She usually is smarter than this. Luckily it was caught.

• Like 2

I assume a "meeting" with the Service Manager is going to happen

Yes just spoke with him. Didn't like techs answer that if it was in the glove box it could have fell out when checking cabin filter. It wasn't in glove box it was in center console.

Heres a cool idea for ya. Get one of those xmas light remotes. Plug the opener into that and then the relay into outlet. Turn power on and off when you get home/leave. Easey peasey. They are typically rated for 15A and will handle any opener. Much better than plugging and unplugging every time.

15 minutes ago, Lambo2936 said:

Heres a cool idea for ya. Get one of those xmas light remotes. Plug the opener into that and then the relay into outlet. Turn power on and off when you get home/leave. Easey peasey. They are typically rated for 15A and will handle any opener. Much better than plugging and unplugging every time.

Yo dawg.  I hear you like remotes... so I got you a remote for your remote so you can use 2 remotes just to open a door....

Image result for xzibit yo dawg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

I am thinking M1 Garand and Clint Eastwood.

2 minutes ago, capt14k said:

I know it's Anti American but I prefer the FN-49. Garand is up there. Both are better than the SVT.

Pffft.... noobs.  Claymore FTW.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 1563621 said:

No you don't. You must retreat, unless you are in fear for your life! Such as B&E with a weapon.

In shithole NJ, you better have a reason to fire, or you will be Bubba's main fuck buddy!

THERE is zero duty to retreat within your dwelling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Yo dawg.  I hear you like remotes... so I got you a remote for your remote so you can use 2 remotes just to open a door....

Image result for xzibit yo dawg

Smh.

Far better alternative than running back and forth to plug/unplug the opener lol.

3 hours ago, capt14k said:

3 hours ago, capt14k said:

She usually is smarter than this. Luckily it was caught.

Wait.... didn't you say this situation has been going on for a few days? She didn't realize the remote was missing? How did she get back into the garage when she brought the car home?