Jump to content
capt14k

Seems I have a thief scoping my house

Recommended Posts

Wait.... didn't you say this situation has been going on for a few days? She didn't realize the remote was missing? How did she get back into the garage when she brought the car home?

The one built into in her car that she always uses like I do. The other one she left in the car because she gives to my daughter the few times she isn't home when she gets home from school. If we had a keypad no need for other remotes.

 

I'm reinstalling the keypad

 

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, capt14k said:

Well not garage but family room. I have a garage under and when you open interior door you are on landing with steps going up and 3 steps down into family room. We should be able to eliminate scumbags like this but Communist states like to protect criminals.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
 

Please dont do this.....

 

If you kill em....and this post is found can a DA make a case for intent to kill or harm....  dunno

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Please dont do this.....

 

If you kill em....and this post is found can a DA make a case for intent to kill or harm....  dunno

If you scare them to death, does that count?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to orig idea. Go to dealer, confront them, demand to see mechanic and make him realize your onto his game. Come near your home, you consider it intent to harm your family. Can go 2 ways. He can gently be escorted to jail by pd OR you can simply just break his neck if he stomps on your property. I vote for the latter!

And by the way, sitting in your garage with a shotgun is not illegal. What you do with it might be. Just seeing you may curve their idea of busting your balls.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, bhunted said:

And by the way, sitting in your garage with a shotgun is not illegal. What you do with it might be. Just seeing you may curve their idea of busting your balls.

Good point, or sit on his porch, cleaning all his Milsurp toys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, capt14k said:

Well not garage but family room. I have a garage under and when you open interior door you are on landing with steps going up and 3 steps down into family room. We should be able to eliminate scumbags like this but Communist states like to protect criminals.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
 

Have a big dog? Hang out with him on other side of door inside house.  Rig garage door to open and then close but not reopen.  

When garage door opens and locks close enter garage with dog.

"Now youz can't leave".

Install cameras first please.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

Install cameras first please.

That's the most IMPORTANT part. I have a specific camera in my garage recording off of one of my systems just for this reason. Video evidence.

Remember, if it's not recorded on video, it didn't happen...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a scumbag piece of trash. Not enough to steal your change, but takes the garage door opener with the intent to actually go to your house, open your garage door, and steal your stuff.

I would definitely blast the hell out of the dealership, got the name of the mechanic, and I hope you reported the incident to the police with names. This scumbag piece of trash literally stole entry into your house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SO WAIT?  a stealership mechanic stole the remote out of your wifes car? have his ass arrested. and have him fired. file a complaint with the stealership.

 people leave garage remotes in their cars about 90% of the time when they drop em off to me.......but.......i touch nothing.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What a scumbag piece of trash. Not enough to steal your change, but takes the garage door opener with the intent to actually go to your house, open your garage door, and steal your stuff.
I would definitely blast the hell out of the dealership, got the name of the mechanic, and I hope you reported the incident to the police with names. This scumbag piece of trash literally stole entry into your house.
Yes I reported follow up to police who said without video they can't do anything. Have one more neighbor to ask if his cameras caught car out front. Motion activated recording caused other neighbors cameras to record nothing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SO WAIT?  a stealership mechanic stole the remote out of your wifes car? have his ass arrested. and have him fired. file a complaint with the stealership.
 people leave garage remotes in their cars about 90% of the time when they drop em off to me.......but.......i touch nothing.
I spoke to service manager and mechanic said maybe the remote fell out of the glove box when I checked the cabin filter. To which I replied it was in the center console. Mechanic also claimed maybe headlight wire came undone when he checked air filter. Which is BS on a 2010 Chevy Traverse. You have to get to headlight from under wheel well and there is a cap on it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, capt14k said:

 

Quality Chevrolet Old Bridge

 

 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought two cars from there, interesting. Maybe a little sting operation is in order........... I do not take my cars/trucks there for normal service, only warranty stuff. I think I need to put a remote in there and see if it disappears.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I bought two cars from there, interesting. Maybe a little sting operation is in order........... I do not take my cars/trucks there for normal service, only warranty stuff. I think I need to put a remote in there and see if it disappears.........
I bought my wife the car there new when it was Oasis and they gave free lifetime oil changes to I think 100,000 miles. She has less than 50,000 and takes advantage of regular oil changes for free.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

keypads are the cat's ass.

kid doesn't need a house key for when the bus drops him off, and I don't need to be staring out the window for the 20 minute drop off window.

also I can program 1-time codes for people that sometimes need to drop by and like feed the cats or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brings a whole new meaning to the term "stealership". I need to let my buddy who lives in OB know to avoid that place. 

If the service manager is defending his guy I'd go up the food a chain, or blast them on social media. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, capt14k said:

I spoke to service manager and mechanic said maybe the remote fell out of the glove box when I checked the cabin filter. To which I replied it was in the center console. Mechanic also claimed maybe headlight wire came undone when he checked air filter. Which is BS on a 2010 Chevy Traverse. You have to get to headlight from under wheel well and there is a cap on it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
 

So it fell out of the glove box at the dealership and somehow opened the garage door at your house a few times over the past few days? I hope you set up a camera to catch the plate of the car before going to the stealership. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So it fell out of the glove box at the dealership and somehow opened the garage door at your house a few times over the past few days? I hope you set up a camera to catch the plate of the car before going to the stealership. 
I setup camera and changed codes but after I changed the codes I realized I won't catch them except for a car that slows in front of my house. Which could be a lot since I'm on a somewhat busy road but setback a good distance.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, capt14k said:

I spoke to service manager and mechanic said maybe the remote fell out of the glove box when I checked the cabin filter. To which I replied it was in the center console. Mechanic also claimed maybe headlight wire came undone when he checked air filter. Which is BS on a 2010 Chevy Traverse. You have to get to headlight from under wheel well and there is a cap on it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
 

that mechanic needs to go. I've changed countless cabin air filters.....and.....if stuff falls outta the glove box, it lands on the vehicle floor. there's no way for it to fall outta the vehicle. he's full of shit. same for the headlighyt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, capt14k said:

I setup camera and changed codes but after I changed the codes I realized I won't catch them except for a car that slows in front of my house. Which could be a lot since I'm on a somewhat busy road but setback a good distance.

Now.... I'm not say'n you should do this, but....  I heard a story where a guy put a canister of teargas in a box and somehow rigged it to a motion sensor and a timer so that the canister would pop 3 minutes after the box was purloined.  I guess it worked like the dye packs they put in the big cartoon moneybags bank robbers make off with.

I bet that was fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Email somebody at corporate as well. Quick google search to find the CEO. You'd be surprised how often corporate responds to these emails.

I used to take my car to McLaughlins. I think he's located in Manalapan or Englishtown (towns run together in that area). Honest, good people there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sota said:

keypads are the cat's ass.

kid doesn't need a house key for when the bus drops him off, and I don't need to be staring out the window for the 20 minute drop off window.

also I can program 1-time codes for people that sometimes need to drop by and like feed the cats or something.

The problem with keypads is, I know on the older models if you pry them off or unscrew, just 2 wires,if crossed door opens. I used to install Genies in the 80s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my exterior keypad is wireless. it's basically a car remote, but instead of 3 button, it has 12. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Now.... I'm not say'n you should do this, but....  I heard a story where a guy put a canister of teargas in a box and somehow rigged it to a motion sensor and a timer so that the canister would pop 3 minutes after the box was purloined.  I guess it worked like the dye packs they put in the big cartoon moneybags bank robbers make off with.

I bet that was fun.

https://www.burglarbomb.com/

 

"It's not a booby trap" lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised most guys dont know these days a garage opener has a rolling code.

"Modern garage door openers transmit a radio signal that has a binary number encoded in it. The transmitter transmits a binary number, the receiver looks for that number, and it only opens the door if it "hears" the correct number. To prevent replay attacks (that is, to prevent a criminal from using a radio to listen to the code that is sent by a remote, then just playing the same code back to open the garage door), each time a code is used, a new code is generated. The radio transmitter and the radio receiver both contain a chip that uses the same system for generating new codes."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is good news! Look on the bright side, you may be establishing a record for "justifiable need"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, PK90 said:

car-park-disclaimer-notice-sign.jpg

You cannot waive liability by putting up a sign.  People believe it so many don't go after them, but you can.  Years ago I was in a Rickle's lot (yes MANY years ago) and I came out to find a shopping cart went rolling and smashed my tail light.  I went in and bitched to the manager who showed me such a sign and I said BS, I would get my lawyer involved.  He then said as a "courtesy" I should go have it fixed and bring him the bill.  I did and he reached into the register and gave me cash for the repair.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, capt14k said:

I bought my wife the car there new when it was Oasis and they gave free lifetime oil changes to I think 100,000 miles. She has less than 50,000 and takes advantage of regular oil changes for free.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
 

Same with me. Unless I have something there for warranty though, I still do my own work. My son brings his car there, my daughter will bring hers there if I don't have time to change it. Yes, free, but I don't trust a lot of people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • NJGF members in chat (0)

    currently no users are online.



×