capt14k

Seems I have a thief scoping my house

Twice in the last 3 days my wife heard car stop in front of my house and garage door open. They must see my wife's car in garage and take off before she sees them. Told her to unplug garage opener. Thinking I'm going to send them out this afternoon, park my car around the corner, and plug opener back in. Then setting up my chair facing interior door with shotgun in hand, too bad we live in a Communist State.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I would NOT sit in garage with shotgun!

You would be charged with murder!

Remember, retreat,retreat,retreat! Unless your a LEO

• Like 1

I would NOT sit in garage with shotgun!
You would be charged with murder!
 Remember, retreat,retreat,retreat! Unless your a LEO
Well not garage but family room. I have a garage under and when you open interior door you are on landing with steps going up and 3 steps down into family room. We should be able to eliminate scumbags like this but Communist states like to protect criminals.

• Like 2

I would definately set them up.  Especially if u know what time it usually happens.   Do u have security cameras?  If not, I would def reccomend them for the future, just shut them off before u give the ass whoopin!

since its still baseball season.........BATTER UP!

• Like 3

Capt, if you do not have them already, I recommend you install a security camera(s).  I have a set of Lorex cameras mounted high on all four sides of my house. Recording 7x24.  Also recently installed Ring cams, specifically a Ring Floodlight Cam on my garage.   They will provide you a means of monitoring what is happening outside without revealing yourself.  Also capture video evidence.

To clarify, are you saying they opened your garage door?  Scary. Shows intent to do bad things.

They have opened the exterior garage door twice in 3 days. Wife hears car stop. Door opens. Wife thinks it is me. Goes to window, but car is gone. Unfortunately my house sits far enough off the street that cameras don't get street, well the way they are positioned. Need to add another camera.

Interior Garage door is steel with steel frame and deadbolt.

1 minute ago, Bt Doctur said:

They have opened the exterior garage door twice in 3 days

That is a B&E ,you have the right to eliminate the threat to your life legally.

No you don't. You must retreat, unless you are in fear for your life! Such as B&E with a weapon.

In shithole NJ, you better have a reason to fire, or you will be Bubba's main fuck buddy!

• Like 1

No you don't. You must retreat, unless you are in fear for your life! Such as B&E with a weapon.
Unfortunately this is correct. We live in Communist America. Places like Texas you can shoot the SOB on the front lawn as he is running away.

• Like 3

If you have a garage door opener, it sounds like they are opening it with a remote.
Change the code.... STAT...

RF Frequency isn't changeable as far as I know. It is unplugged now. They likely have a box that cycles frequencies and they drive around til one opens.

Thank you Slickdeals.net

Have an extra camera in stock

70e6addc9d19917bcdee9c426d3ee109.jpge9be2a601771c84e95ebe8c8dc9914d0.jpg

I always adopt rescue dogs, I have a pitbull now, Former fighter. Just saying.
I have a yappity Shih Tzu at home. Good early warning. Not much of a deterrent. 110lb Lab ended up with my parents because kids were afraid of him when they were young. Once kids loved him so did my parents and I never got him back.

I hope some of these posts are /sarc-on/.

OP: if you're positive your house is a target notify the police about what's going on. You are probably not the only target. Then take guidance from them.

With respect to how access was acquired, it's more likely they watched for cars exiting or entering garages and monitoring  the frequency band for a legit transmission. Then spoofing the code.

You should also be able to command your door opener to erase its memory and reprogram it.

I'm sure that you already filed a police report.

That way, if the police catch someone with questionable equipment in their car while driving around neighborhoods, they have a record of similar occurrences in the area.

There are plenty of cases where folks prepped for a burglary and went on to kill someone. They pretty much all went to jail for it, and rightfully so.

10 minutes ago, capt14k said:

RF Frequency isn't changeable as far as I know. It is unplugged now. They likely have a box that cycles frequencies and they drive around til one opens.

Some have rocker switches where you can manually change the code, depending on model.

Or, temporarily disable the remote feature if possible and hardwire a keypad at the outside of the door.

Some have rocker switches where you can manually change the code, depending on model.
Or, temporarily disable the remote feature if possible and hardwire a keypad at the outside of the door.
I removed keypad awhile ago due to paranoid wife. Only way I could see changing RF is if there are dip switches also in remote.

Ha.. Looks like she gets to walk into the house from the outside and have to use a manual key now...  oops... [emoji4]

That's exactly what she is going to have to do. Plug in opener back car out close door. Go back inside. Unplug opener. Lock door. And reverse to get back in. Going to add camera to get street. Also neighbor has cameras going to see if theirs picked up street.

I wonder if this has anything to do with it. My wife took car to dealer for her free oil change. They tried up selling her she declined. When leaving mechanic stops her and says your headlight is out. Wasn't out when she left house. They asked her if she wanted it changed, she asked how much, they said $170. She declined and said my husband will do it. They probably had a good chuckle. Thankfully it was low beam and I was able to jam my arm under the wheel well. Well turned out wire was disconnected. Now she had the remote for the garage in the car and left her registration in the car. If someone tried getting gravy work wonder if they did something else shady.

There are plenty of cases where regular people like us got charged with premeditated murder for having a gun at the ready when someone was stalking their house. Some were innocent people that are just always prepared, some were people that have been messed with multiple times and got prepared. 

• Like 2