Jump to content
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Supporting Vendors

  • Latest Topics

  • Posts

    • If a Father (has FID) buys a rifle in NJ for his son who lives in PA as a gift, is a COE all that is required under the immediate family exemption 
    • Ugh.  Gate valves are the devil's ball sweat.   1/4 turn are ball valves.    I can't tell you how many effing leaky gate valves I've replaced in my lifetime.   I can tell you how many ball valves.  2.   Both were in line on a 3 inch air dryer that runs at 120psi.  They were roughly 25 years old. 
    • ATF Rule 2010-6 states that you can have residences in several states and buy firearms in each if you observe any additional state requirements. (And we're not referring to your one state of domicile.) If you purchase a firearm legally in another state there is no NJ requirement to have an FID to possess a firearm in your residence or transport it to any other permitted location like a range or FFL, if you observe the transport requirements. If I were an FL resident I would want to read the relevant statutes or talk to a firearms attorney to make sure I was getting accurate information. Why? If I asked a hundred PA FFLs if I can buy firearms in PA with a NJ DL a substantial number will say 'No'. And they will mean 'No you can't legally do that', not 'No, you can legally do that but we don't want to do it'. And if I ask a random sheriff's deputy if I can have a resident PA LTCF without a PA DL, a substantial number will say 'No'. I've had more than one say that to me. I have a resident PA LTCF and I buy and possess firearms in both states according to the federal and state requirements, and I transport them freely between both. Observing of course, in the case of NJ, that firearms I bring here are NJ legal. Good luck with your exploration.
    • You might be right. But for the sake of argument, here is a quote by Nappen in his book New Jersey Gun Law Guide quote —  Please note that under Federal law, dual residency is recognized for handgun purchase purposes under Title 27, CFR Part 478.11. This Regulation as defined gives the following definition and specific examples of dual residency:  The State of Residence is the State in which an individual resides. An individual resides in a State if he or she is present in a State with the intention of making a home in that State. ... The following are examples that illustrate this definition:  ... Example 2 - 'A' maintains a home in State 'X' and a home in State 'Y'. 'A' resides in State 'X' except for weekends or the summer months of the year and in State 'Y' for the weekends or the summer months of the year. During the time that 'A' actually resides in State 'X', 'A' is a resident of State 'X', and during the time that 'A' actually resides in State 'Y', 'A' is a resident of State 'Y'.  ... A person who qualifies under the Federal requirements may purchase handguns in other states while a resident of the other state and lawfully transport them and possess them in New Jersey without needing a NJ FPID or PPP or registration under the Federal law of USC 18 926A and the NJ law exemptions of NJS 2C:39-6. — sorry for the walls of text. I’m about to do it to you again. Here’s some ATF quotes on ID.  "Licensees may accept a combination of valid government-issued documents to satisfy the identification document requirements of the Brady Act. The required valid government-issued photo identification document bearing the name, photograph, and date of birth of the transferee may be supplemented by another valid, government-issued document showing the transferee's residence address. A member of the Armed Forces on active duty is a resident of the State in which his or her permanent duty station is located, and may satisfy the identification document requirement by presenting his or her military identification card along with official orders showing that his or her permanent duty station is within the State where the licensed premises are located. “   Heres some of their secondary forms of ID..    The following secondary forms of ID are acceptable: •    ⁠A current lease. •    ⁠Evidence of currently paid personal property tax or real estate tax. •    ⁠A current utility or telephone bill. •    ⁠A current voter registration card. •    ⁠A current bank check. •    ⁠A current passport (must include an address). •    ⁠A current automobile registration. •    ⁠A current hunting or fishing license   so, my father could simply use a quit claim deed and get me off it and make me a lease holder under him and this would satisfy it since the bills are in his name alone.    Seems like considering all this, IMO, I look good. Though I’m a fool so don’t listen to me. 
  • Create New...