Pizza Bob

Starbucks Get-Together – Wed 9/19 – 6 PM

Title gives you the basics. We have been doing this for several years now and have always had a good time. It’s an opportunity to sit down with like-minded people and BS about guns and related topics. Turn-out in past years has been anywhere from 5 to 10 people, so not a huge event – just conversational fun.

The title gives you the when; here’s the where:

Starbucks

Hopewell Crossing Shopping Center

Route 31 North & Denow Road

Pennington, NJ

This is approximately one mile north of the I-295 and State Route 31 interchange. There is a light at Denow road – go through that light on 31 and take the first right after the light (not the jug-handle), which takes you into the north end of the Starbucks parking lot.

This will be held outside – rain or shine (there is cover). Your principals are Golf Battery, Sgt. Toadette and myself, Pizza Bob. Maggie the Wonder Dog will also be there. I only ask that you patronize the business (although since Philly, I guess that’s no longer required – LOL) since they put up with us. Hope to see you there – feel free to invite your shooting friends or those interested in getting into the hobby.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I apologize for my snarky reply and I rescind my dis-invitation - this would be an excellent topic to discuss. I think the impetus for Starbucks response falls under the heading of things the gun community can do, but probably shouldn't. As Sgt Toadette pointed out, they were pushed into a corner by a bunch of yahoo's in Texas that decided to open carry AR15's into a Starbucks - just because they could. Poor judgement that reflected badly on the community as a whole. It is not like Starbucks is trying to subvert our 2A rights like Dick's is - it was just a business decision. I certainly would not be comfortable walking into a Starbucks with my granddaughters, when there are people that are already displaying a penchant for bad judgement in attendance.

Sorry to hear about your, apparent, inability to afford underwear. Please join us - commando or not.

"Great" isn't necessary - "Your Highness" will do.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

I remember meeting you guys and picking up the Black Russian tab. Bout five minutes down the road. Get smart. Maybe we can buy Nike gear at dicks afterward.

Ouch.  Drinks are on me whenever we meet up next. 

Theres a moms demand action meeting this sat here.  I would love to have all of you join me there. Its 10 am.    If any interest.  Ill forward you the info.  

Triggered would imply an irrational response to something. People having a problem with Starbucks because of various stances they took over the years is just personal preference. You are the one who seems more upset that people dont like the place you chose. 

• Like 1

May I gently suggest this is why our forums sometimes get a bad reputation? Bob nicely extended an offer to meet face-to-face with some other forum members...  and it turns into (excuse my French) a pissing contest over why he should change the venue (ummm, yeah… the venue of HIS event, that he kindly INVITED us to, and that MOST of you complaining were probably not going to attend anyway). :facepalm:

If people invited you to dinner on a group email or text, would you reply back to everyone - "Hey, not only am I not attending - but i think that stupid restaurant sucks and you should hold this somewhere else"? No, you would NOT.. because that would be RUDE. (Unless, of course, you're a complete Neanderthal…)

How bout this? If you see a thread with an invitation, and you don't wish to go - you could simply keep that thought contained in your own brain - no reason to regurgitate it all over the person's thread.  Manners, guys... MANNERS!... for thousands of years, providing the bedrock for civilized communities. ;)

• Like 7

She is right - 100%. I started this thread as a forum PSA and it really didn't invite comment or response. We have held this same event at least four times over the past several years, at the same place, with zero pushback and much gratitude from the attendees for the chance to get together FTF and swap stories and, perhaps, gain a little knowledge.

Go; Don't go - I don't give a rat's ass anymore. This forum has transitioned into something I don't even recognize. I thought we were better than this. Apparently I was wrong.

We'll be there Wednesday whether you will or not. I would hope that the more civil among you choose to join us.

I'm done with this thread.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

@cagefighter - as long as people want to stick around. The store closes at 9:30, but since we'll be outside that really doesn't matter. In the past we've kept these open-ended with people coming and going throughout. I would say 8 PM at a minimum.

PB

• Like 2

Pizza Bob, I appreciate your efforts to try to pull this together.  Much as I love coffee, and most of the members of this forum, just checked to find the location is 90 minutes from me, so I'm not going to be able to make it.  If some people from north Jersey would like to pull something like this together, I would be happy to help organize it.  And despite their politics, I love Starbucks coffee, and refuse to deprive myself of it to make some statement that no one will know about. 

• Like 2

To be clear i wasnt bashing or anything, i was merely asking as my understanding is they were COMPLETELY anti. I was proven wrong. My apologies for starting this whole fustercluck. Im gonna go burn some Nike sneakers..:rolleyes:

May try to come through if this isnt too far. I am unfamiliar with that area and where i recently moved to (Glassboro) so ill google it later.

Been to 3 or 4 meet ups  since becoming a gun owner. Always a pleasure chatting with Bob, Maggie and whoever else shows up. The only time I have patronized a Starbucks is during these events, since I am taking up space at their establishment after all (I refuse to pay more than 50 cents for a cup of coffee so I brew my own). I also believe the franchise owner is a 2A supporter. In any event, I don't care if we meet in a parking lot someplace, I still plan to attend.

• Like 2

PB and all, I was trying to rearrange my schedule to make this. Alas, it is not to be. Thank you for the invite. I would have very much like to have meet you all.

Please don’t let the direction this thread veered off in deter you from planning more of these and sharing the dates.

As has been said before, we have a bad habit of “eating our own”. The only way to break that cycle is to persevere and keep trying to get us all on the same page.

Kudos!

• Like 2

@Pizza Bob & @SgtToadette:

I would enjoy finally meeting both of you, as well as some others who have stated their intention to attend next Wed. evening.  Unfortunately, I am just over one hour driving each way from my home and I have to get up at 5:00 a.m. Thursday morning to then go the Newark Airport to catch a flight.  Therefore, realistically, I will have to take a raincheck and try to join you all at the next get-together.  Have fun and I hope the weather is good.  FYI, I am watching the Weather Channel now, tracking Hurricane Florence as it is approaching landfall in the Carolina's.  It now looks like its remnants may hit NJ by next Tues. into Wed....

AVB-AMG

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AVB-AMG said:

@Pizza Bob & @SgtToadette:

I would enjoy finally meeting both of you, as well as some others who have stated their intention to attend next Wed. evening.  Unfortunately, I am just over one hour driving each way from my home and I have to get up at 5:00 a.m. Thursday morning to then go the Newark Airport to catch a flight.  Therefore, realistically, I will have to take a raincheck and try to join you all at the next get-together.  Have fun and I hope the weather is good.  FYI, I am watching the Weather Channel now, tracking Hurricane Florence as it is approaching landfall in the Carolina's.  It now looks like its remnants may hit NJ by next Tues. into Wed....

AVB-AMG

Just over an hour from me, as well. Apparently i moved to the deep south of NJ. Lmao

12 hours ago, Lambo2936 said:

So apparently yom kippur is on the 19th, and im Jew-Ish so ill definitely have to pass on this.. 

Yom Kippur ends on the evening of the 19th - you're GTG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

Yom Kippur ends on the evening of the 19th - you're GTG

Shit that means its on the 18th into the 19th, not 19th into the 20th. Are you sure? Guess my mother is misinformed. If that is in fact the case i may come by depending on when it ends. By the time the fast breaking dinner ends and i get up there itll likely be late. If someone who is going shoots me a pm with their # ill get in contact after to see whats up.